Chapter 18: "Guess what."

Pic of Kaylyn on the side and a random new song that I'm in love with:D

**********

Chapter 18

“You’ll pay me how much?!” I practically screamed. I was on the phone with the editor of People magazine; they’d gotten in touch with me through my twitter account and they wanted to interview me.

“Ten thousand dollars,” the woman on the other end repeated. “All you have to do is answer some questions, and also do a photo shoot.”

“I’ll do it!” I cried without thinking twice. That much money would pay for tuition for a year and a half; heck yeah I’d do the interview!

“Perfect. We’ll be in touch with you for further information,” the woman stated. After saying goodbyes, I hung up. I couldn’t believe I was actually going to get paid that much for just an interview!

I paced back and forth, hardly able to contain my excitement. This was great news! It would give me an A-list status, and once I was out of college I was sure I’d be getting job offers left and right.

This is all for my career, I told myself over and over. I couldn’t let all the fame get to my head. I wouldn’t let that happen.

My phone rang loudly and I quickly answered it.

“Hello?” I said happily.

“Hey, it’s me,” Jack said in his smooth, velvety voice.

“Oh, hey!” I chirped. “What’s up?”

“Well I’m on break right now, and I just wanted to call to make sure you-”

“Got the flowers,” I finished for him. “Yup, I did. They’re beautiful, thank you so much.” I could imagine him smiling his million watt smile, the one that could make any girl’s heart melt.

Maybe my heart was starting to melt for it, too. . . .

“I’m glad you liked them,” he replied easily. “So are you up for dinner tomorrow night?”

“Absolutely!” I cried. “Where are we going?”

“Now that is a surprise,” he said, and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

“You’re so mean,” I grumbled.

“I know,” he said cockily.

“Oh, guess what!” I practically yelled, then started jumping up and down on the couch.

“What?” Jack asked, amused.

“People magazine called me, and they’re paying me ten thousand dollars to do an interview! Can you believe it?! I won’t have to work every waking moment this summer!” I rambled on, my words jumbling together a bit.

“That’s great, when is it?” he inquired. He seemed genuinely happy for me, which made me smile.

“I’m not sure yet, but I’m also doing some photo shoot,” I replied, collapsing on the couch. “I can’t wait to see the clothes I’ll get to wear. I just hope I look good in them.”

“You’ll look beautiful in anything,” he said softly. I smiled to myself.

“Thank you,” I said. I heard the front door open and close, but I ignored it.

“So I’ll pick you up tomorrow at seven?”

“Yeah. Bye.”

I hung up with a smile still plastered to my face. He loved me, I could feel it in my bones. He really, genuinely loved me.