Chapter 14: "Kaylyn, please, let me in."

Song is what I listened to over and over as I wrote this, pic is a random one of Jack that I found and liked!

**********

Chapter 14

Jack’s POV

I decided to take a walk in the park once I’d woken up. I couldn’t get Kaylyn out of my head, and I felt the need to revisit some of our memories we’d shared.

How could one girl make me so crazy, so uncontrollable?

On her birthday, the one thing I wanted to do beside make her happy was to kiss her. Is it wrong to wish for just one little kiss?

I quickly took a shower, then got dressed in low slung jeans and a plain white shirt. I put my phone in my pocket before shoving my feet into some random shoes and practically running out of the house.

As I passed the kitchen, I remembered the kiss we’d shared in there. All I wanted was to feel those soft pink lips against mine, just one more time….

Damn, how did a girl get me so whipped?

I shook my head at myself as I walked outside and got into my car. I took the same one I’d used the day before, and smiled when I saw the little panda ring still on the dashboard.

I slipped it into my pocket and drove to the park. Once I pulled up, I saw a vaguely familiar black BMW…she couldn’t be there, could she? It had to be purely a coincidence. She was probably at Lilly’s house, still celebrating her birthday.

I pictured her smile, and something inside my stomach seemed to go off. Well what in the world was that?

I shook it off, then got out of my car. I started to just walk around slowly, taking everything in. When I passed the fountain, I couldn’t help but imagine the look on Kaylyn’s face when I’d pushed her in it…then when she pulled me in with her.

How could I really not get her out of my mind? Usually if I thought about a girl too much I’d just take a couple shots with some of my friends. That always helped clear my mind.

But Kaylyn wasn’t the type of girl to get drunk over. I actually enjoyed thinking about her.

I sighed heavily, then heard an unusual noise…it almost sounded like an animal, but then I realized someone was crying. I rounded a corner that hid the person from view with a bunch of trees, but then I froze in my tracks.

Kaylyn. Sitting on a bench. Sobbing.

I hurried over to her, my legs moving of their own accord. Who did this to her? I’d kill them, I knew it with everything in me.

I tentatively sat next to her, but then didn’t now what to do. Should I comfort her? Tell her everything will be alright? Or demand who did this to her and beat the shit out of him?

I wrapped my arms around her, suddenly feeling like it was the right thing to do.

“Jack,” she sobbed, then buried her face in my chest. Her saying my name like that, made me so sick…her being in that much pain was unbearable for me.

“Kaylyn, it’s okay,” I assured, then started stroking her hair. Her sobs came harder, and I couldn’t do anything to stop them.

Seeing her there, caused me so much of my own pain. How could I just let this happen? I should’ve been there to protect her from whatever it was that happened.

It was all my fault she was falling apart in my arms. I didn’t even care about the stupid challenge to make her love me anymore, because as long as she let me love her, I’d be fine.