Chapter 1: Project jL

Hey guys Skye Worthington here, this is my first young justice book so please be leanient on your criticism. So yeah I hope you guys like it and fyi this isn't just my book my friend and fellow wattpad writer anonymous_anime_girl helped me out with everything so yeah we hope you guys like it.

Mount Justice 12:00 p.m.

Batman appeared on a screen above the team. He said bluntly, " We've been watching Luthor ever since he became governor. Under certain circumstances we've been been keeping this top secret, but now we have to put it to light. I know we've kept you as an undercover op team, but now the League needs your help. Nightwing looked at Batman with concern, "What do you want us to do?" Batman continued, " 3 league members have been kidnapped." The images appeared on the screen . " Martian Manhunter, Superman, and Wonder Woman have been kidnapped in the last 72 hours without a single clue. We suspect Luthor. He is now in Metropolis doing his run for governor. Recently high energy usage has been found at Lexcorp with energy readings soaring to higher ratios than NASA. On his run he seemed too delighted and I've scanned Lexcorp from top to bottom and I'm positive he has an underground facility located under Lexcorp. Your mission is to go in cognito as interns at Lexcorp. Find out what he is up to and you and the team will shut it down. Find Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martin Manhunter and call the league if you do.

Nightwing you will be tracked. You and 3 members will be the undercover interns at Lexcorp. The rest of the teams will wait here with the league. Nightwing you will execute this carefully and remember it is Luthor we are talking about. He is unpredictable, so be cautious. Once you enter Lexcorp you will do your best to execute the mission and find the leaguers. "

Nightwing took command.

"Miss Martian, Superboy, Wondergirl, and I will go undercover as Lexcorp interns. The rest will stay and the league will assign you to your teams. You all will be back up. Let's move out."

M'gann gave everyone their costumes. Cassie now looked like she was 25 with brown hair and was the "ambassador ". M'gann was the secretary with blonde hair and blue eyes along with Dick who was the ex ambassador second after Cassie. Superboy was the guard.

(At Lexcorp 3:45 p.m.)

"Welcome to Lexcorp." Luthor announced with pride. "This is Mercy our back up. We won't need this guard." Cassie spoke, "This was in our contract. He stays. Or we dont go at all." She said demandingly. Luthor smirked, "Very well." He agreed " Shall we." They continued toward and elevator that could only be accessed by Luthors fingerprint. The elevator went down to the 48th floor.

"I'm sure you will like to see this."

The elevator stopped, unveiling a hallway with one door at the end.

"Welcome to Project jL and Project vL; They are the next step to destroying the Justice League."

They stepped through the door all except Connor. "Sorry for the inconvenience but you will have to stay out here. Sorry ."

Connor obeyed remaining outside the door. Inside Luthor introduced Project jL.

"Where is the other Project ? Project vL. . .you promised the two projects." Cassie angrily said. Luthor smirked, " Project vL is in a facility in Gotham finishing the tests."

"It better." Dick pointed with M'gann writing every detail down.

Luthor seemed uneasy, "Project vL will be complete, you have my word. Now both projects are human emunodeficiency clones with human tissue that is 25x stronger than actual human tissue. They are a little different from Cadmus's gnome clones, but the projects are different .. .Project jL is the perfect combination of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Manhunter's abilities. They are twins ."

Dick questioned, "Twins? As in identical twins. "

Luthor stated, " Yes. Now witness the unveiling of Project jL."

M'gann questioned, " What is she wearing?"

"It is a solar suit, much like Cadmus but it also absorbs the dark and creates energy for her to grow. She is the eldest and much like her sister share their curiosity that is why we control them with a mind control patch on the back of their necks. Both twins have the solar suit."

-------------------------------------------------------

Connor was getting impatient it had been and hour and from what he had been listening to it wasn't going to finish soon .

"Let's find Superman." Connor mumbled.

Suddenly a few guards came up the hallway out of nowhere. Where did they come from? The wall? Connor followed the guards. The guards passed through the wall. Connor did as well. There was a door to his right and more doors downwards. The guards didn't know until Connor knocked them out. Connor dragged them through the door and threw them over towards the end of the hall. The room was empty. Odd. The sound of shattering glass caught Connors attention. He turned around and noticed 3 test tubes each with fogged up glass. Connor looked through the glass and saw a memorable face. "Superman?" Connor whispered. "I found the leaguers ." Connor said through M'gann's telekinesis . Before Dick could say anything else the alarm rang and Connor appeared on the screen pulling Superman out. Dick had contacted the league by then. "Sorry Luthor it's over!" Dick announced.

Luthor chuckled, " You really think it's over, let's see what Project jL says. Mercy attack!" Luthor ran toward the tube. "Not if I get you first." Dick slid under Mercy who had morphed her hands into guns. M'gann only had to separate her hands from each other to tear Mercy apart. Luthor stared, " Mercy!" Dick threw a punch and knocked him out. "Lights out Luthor."

"I'll get the clone. You go help Connor. The league should be here shortly. Have Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter ready."

The others went to assist Connor while Dick got the clone. He hacked the computer getting all the information he could about the clones. Then he opened the tube. Dick uploaded the information as he walked up to the tube just in time. Gravity pulled the clone towards the ground. Dick caught the clone and removed the patch on the back of her neck. She grunted. He carried her bridal style out the door.

His eyes widened to the sight of her cuddling her head on his upper chest from warmth. She was ice cold. Dick smiled as he held her closer to his body.

First chapter done, yay. I'm so happy. Hope you guys like it and please comment or vote on the story. It would really help seeing how u guys feel about the book. Thanks for reading I will try to update tonight or tomarrow. Thanks, bye!!!