Ch 20: The Healing Process part 1

Hi guys, Skye here! Can you believe this is chapter 20!!! I'm so happy! I've always liked writing, but I never thought anyone would like what I write. Ok anyway, guys can you please spread the word about my httyd book. It's not doing so great, but I promise you that there will be action. I'm just trying to make my books different. Anyway, you've probably asked yourself why Superman, Wonder Woman, or Martian Manhunter haven't been in my book. Well if you read this chapter, you'll find out why. Please vote, comment, and tell me what ya think? Please take a seat and enjoy this chapter! I hope you guys like it!!!!

Batman had left Luna with other members of the Justice League. Batman had another matter to check. Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter were ill. They haven't woken up. Ever since they were in Luthor's clutches, they haven't gotten any better. In fact they haven't opened their eyes and seen the daylight since, who knows when. They physically, are all pail. The faintest shade of white, except for Martian Manhunter. He was a pail green. They recently started sweating and flinching. They seemed like they were fighting something inside their minds. Maybe their subconscious. Dick had noted that a few days ago when he went to check in their status and quickly rushed to alert Batman about it. Batman was sent to check on the three ill members of the league. It was his turn to check on them. Flash had done so, yesterday. Batman walked to the medic. He walked passed the silent halls in the Watchtower. They would usually filled with chatter and buzz. Many members of the League had gone to visit them. Batman always went to check on them, if he didn't have a mission. He opened the door and there they were. Superman laid on the hospital bed in the far left. He was sweating. His heart pressure was lowering by the day. Same with Wonder Woman. She was in the middle bed and she only trembled. She was cold and pale, her lips purple instead of the usual red. Diana was in the worst condition of the team. Her heartbeat was the slowest and faintest of any of the three. Manhunter was in the far right, the last of the three beds. Manhunter being Martian wasn't an easy task for Batman to find a cure for. He was very ill and sweating, just like when he was around fire. It clearly frustrated Batman, knowing that he has been trying to stop their condition. It has been a few months and their condition was getting worst by the second. He has only slowed it down, with one of Zatara's spells. Every day, he or Zatanna would hex and put a special spell to slow down the sickness. Frankly, Batman didn't know how long they could last. The truth was that they were dying. Batman only slowed down their pain. He entered the quiet hospital room. Batman walked up to Diana first. She was fading away, her cheeks not her natural tone of a rosy pink. They were snow white matching her temperature. Batman had a gift for her. A red rose, Diana's favorite. He laid it in between her hands that were in her laying on her stomach. Batman grabbed her dainty hand, it was light. He stood there and felt like this was his fault.

"Diana, I'm working as hard as I can. . . I'm sorry. I can't. . . I need more time." Batman said, his heart sinking.

"I'm trying to stop it and find a cure. I will find it. . .I promise. For you, Clark, and J'onn. I won't rest until I find it. I won't stop till I know that there is nothing I can't do. Diana, you will see the sun again. You are going to open you eyes again. Your going to see. . ." Batman stopped as began thinking about Blake and Luna.

"Your daughters. . .you, Clark, and J'ohn's. They look like you Diana. Blake is the exact copy of you and Clark, while Luna has your face and beauty, both of them do. They are you. Diana you have to wake up. Let me those blue eyes that I remember when we first met. Please. . ." Batman said with emotion.

He kissed her cold forehead. Batman loved Diana, he missed her and Clark and J'onn. He walked up to Clark's bed and sat in a chair by his bed. He looked at Clark, he seemed in agony, as did Diana and J'onn. Batman started remembering Clark and all the memories he's had with him. Meeting Lois. Being part of the Justice League. Being a friend. Batman didn't want to admit it, but Clark had been a great friend to him and believe it or not he had missed him a lot.