Chapter 54: A Butler, An Assistant

Hey everybody! Skye here, so I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while but I've been busy. With  school and stuff I haven't had time. So this chapter is focused around our dear Alfred. Not much is said about him but I want to change that. Enjoy the chapter guys and please vote and comment! Oh and the outfit above is Blake. Oh and In celebration of Alfred I found this gif. I love it so much.

Anyways enjoy the book and stay whelmed!

Blake watched as Alfred cleaned and cooked dinner. She was confused and slightly curious at why Alfred did these things everyday.

"Alfred. Why do you these things everyday? You clean and work. I never see you go out Alfred. " Blake said sitting up.

Alfred looked at her curiously before saying, "Miss Blake I do it without any pity. It is something that makes me happy."

Blake was baffled at his words, "Cleaning makes you happy?"

(Alfred's face when explaining)

Alfred sat down, "It isn't just that Miss Blake. I don't just clean. I am not a servant, I am simply here because I was all Master Bruce had. I'm not a servant Miss Blake, you must remember that for me. I do this without anyone forcing me. My actions are the cause that I love and care for Wayne Manor when Master Bruce nor the boys are here. Something is bothering you, isn't it?"

Blake sighed, "Alfred, you care for Wayne Manor because it brings you joy. Haven't you ever thought of leaving someday?"

Alfred nodded, "Once. When I was in love. I wanted a family when I realised I already had one. Master Bruce was happy for me and so were the boys. But I couldn't leave them. Miss Blake you will learn in time what really makes you happy. For me, that is taking care of Wayne Manor and being here for Master Bruce and everyone here."

Alfred ruffled her hair, "Miss Blake you have compassion. Some will say its your greatest weakness, but it will be your greatest strength. "

Blake slouched in her seat again, "I'm afraid. I have fear. How will compassion ever beat fear? Grandfather, how can compassion win against all?"