Chapter 45: Breakthrough

Hii, Skye in the house and ready to update!!! I left you guys on a cliffhanger last time, so here's the continuation of the last chapter. So please vote and enjoy this chapter. Also I'm releasing a new book: Mind Sparks Catch Fire. It a young Charles Xavier fan fiction/love story. So I'll tell you guys when it's out. So I hope you like the chapter. Enjoy!!

"Blake." Dick managed to say.

Blake stopped before giving him a concerned look, "What? Dick we have to go. We will miss the fireworks display."

Dick looked at her and took a deep breath, "Blake. There's something I need to tell you. Blake. . ."

Blake looked at him, "What? What is it?"

Dick bit his lip, "Blake, I like you."

Blake felt slightly calmer, more releaved, "I like you too. I thought it was something more serious. Your my friend, of course I like you. We have had our hurdles. . .but we always get back to being great friends."

Dick nodded no, "Blake, I didn't mean it in that way. Blake I know we are friends but I don't like you as a friend anymore. I never saw you or thought of you as just a friend."

Blake looked at him shocked, her face draining of all color, "What!?!?!"

Blake took a step back before shuttering, "Y-You cant be serious?"

Blake braced herself by a wall. She couldn't be anymore shocked.

"I am serious Blake. Dead serious. I love you Blake. I love you romantically. Since the day you came out of that test tube, I loved you. Thats the truth. I got jealous when you and Connor were together and Blake, I. . ." Dick trailed off as he waited for her to say something, anything.

The truth was Blakes mind was blown. She couldn't comprehend it. She wanted to cry. She couldn't be anymore shocked and surprised.

"But. . but. .." Was all she managed to say.

Dick cupped her face, "I can't lie to myself or my heart anymore Blake. I know you hate lies, but I'm in love with you. I can't go anywhere without thinking about you or getting the butterflies in my chest and stomach whenever your by me. And when I kissed you. Twice. I didn't want it to end. I like when your with me. It's a sensation that you give me. My heart is beating out of my chest and the butterflies get more wild. And its all because of you. I need you. I want you."

Blake gulped and blushed, "No. . .you are lying. We are friends, good friends. Thats all."

Dick then had it, "Blake, your running from the reality of it. I can see it in your eyes. You feel it too, don't you?"

Blake nodded no many times before saying, "No!?!?! I am most certanly not. We just can't. . .be together."

It made her heart sink but it was true. Truth is better than lies and deception, well for Blake atleast. Dick got closer and closer before he was at lips distance away. He leaned in but Blake couldn't do it. She pushed him away.

"Stop it. You can't do that." Blake said taking a seat on her bed.

Dick said sadly, "You don't feel that way, do you?"

Dick headed towards the door before Blake couldn't do it. She looked at Dick, "Wait."

"