He Is My Fiancé

Chapter 3- He Is My Fiancé.

ALEXIS BECKETT

Lexi was exhausted to death. She should've listened to Tess when she had tried to get Lexi back home.

Stifling a yawn, she double-checked the dresses and the accessories.

Dropping down on one of the chairs of the dressing room at the back of the main stage of her show, she pressed her palms to her eyes.

The dressing room was much bigger than she had expected. Mirrors lined the walls. The chairs with the name of the model that would occupy it, were set right in front of the mirrors.

Everything would change, the very next day. She felt that in the pit of her stomach which just added to the ever increasing stress.

She had been so stressed that she didn't even know when she fell asleep on the couch in her office, the last night.

Though she caught up with only three hours of uncomfortable sleep, she was glad for it. As glad as she could be, since the couch offered her no comfort.

She regretted not taking Tessa's advice.

So now she had a sprained neck, a terrible backache and a painful arm which somehow got twisted in her sleep.

Her head throbbed with the pain. If this was her condition for catching up a three hour nap, then god alone knows what would've happened if she hadn't slept a wink.

Lexi stood up from the chair and cracked her neck when Tess, her lovely sister, came in with a cup of coffee like a guardian angel. She opened her mouth to say something, probably something like "I told you so" and ruin the moment when Lexi shook her head a little.

"Please. Not a word" she groaned as she snatched the cup from Tessa's hand, ignoring the eye-roll

"You're a lifesaver" Lexi breathed out.

"Uh huh..." Tessa folded her hands across her chest as she looked at Lexi's face with narrowed eyes.

"Come on let's go."Tess said, turning her back and walked over to the door.

"Where?" Lexi groaned.

"Oh. The girls are waiting in the mock room. Everyone's kind of nervous, you know. So I thought maybe you could, you know, give them a pep talk or something"

Lexi slapped her hand to her forehead, a little too hardly.

Rubbing her forehead, she followed Tessa, with a cup in her hand. Only to stumble and have her coffee spilled all over herself.

She cursed out a long thread.

"That's what happens when you don't get your sleep." Tessa said over her shoulder and she stuck her tongue out at her younger sister.

"Sticking your tongue out at me isn't going to change anything." With that said, she slipped out the door.

Lexi followed as she pulled her sticky shirt away from her body. Tessa had already brought the car at the gate, by the time Lexi had reached the entrance.

Sliding in the back seat, she rested her head on the back rest.

Within five minutes, they had reached her office building.

Without waiting for Tess, Lexi took the elevator to her office. She went straight to a small cupboard where she kept her spare clothes, only to find nothing except a pair of sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt.

She sighed. Today was so not her day. And she had no other choice but to wear those oversize clothes. She donned on those clothes as she cursed her luck