Love Is Never Easy

Chapter 6 - Love Is Never Easy

LOGAN HUNT

Now he knew why Syd wanted this show. She'd told him to reserve a seat for himself. Or else he wouldn't have a seat, since all the seats would be packed.

The first row was completely packed with reporters, blog writers.

And when the first model walked in, he knew. He knew that Lexi had earned this all.

She had blended the colors so well.

The first two had been winter. The white, grey and the light blue colors blended perfectly with each other in the floor length dress, For summer, she had yellows and orange. For fall she had browns.

And each dress a unique one.

Logan was at an awe at Lexi's talent.

And when Syd walked in, Logan knew he had made a mistake.

The green dress was awe inspiring. The top was green, a boat neck, the blue skirt flowed down to the floor, a slit a the side. The skirt was a dark blue at the hip and it faded as it went down.

The dress was made for Lexi. How he could tell that, he didn't know?

But Lexi had made this dress keeping herself in mind.

Cameras flashed, people talked. There were nods. But mostly there was admiration.

Syd walked back and came ahead again with Lexi. She wore a maroon gown. And she looked beautiful. But the sadness in her eyes felt like somebody had punched him.

Everybody stood up, clapped for her. Atleast that brought a smile on her face.

The lights onstage went off as all the models retreated backstage.

Logan stood up, and buttoned up his open suit jacket.

He exited with everybody and waited for Sydney to come down.

"You were so great" he complimented as she came to him and wound her arms around his neck.

"Thank you, Logan"

"No thanks. You would've done the same thing for me."

"Come let's have a drink."

As she took Logan's hand to drag him away, the receptionist came towards them.

"Here" she handed it to Syd with a face that of distaste.

"What's this?"

"According to Lexi, you carried it quiet amazingly. This is a souvenir."

"Thank you" Syd caught Tessa's hand, which Tessa shook away.

"Don't. I'd say it's good she gave it away. I wouldn't want that anywhere near her. And you" she turned to Logan " stay away from her. If I find you anywhere within ten miles of her, you'd wish, you never met me."

With that Tessa turned away.

Honestly, Logan deserved it. But Sydney didn't. Sydney didn't ask for this.

"Take me home, please."

"Sure" he kissed the top of her head. He threw his arm across her shoulder and dragged her towards his car.

**********

It had been a victory and a loss. He sure as hell got Sydney to walk on the ramp as the showstopper, but he lost Lexi.

He wanted to be close to her. And this... this thing - whatever it was- was driving him crazy.

After tucking Sydney into bed, he went home. He thought he could catch up some sleep. But no. He had crushed someone's dream today. How the hell could he sleep?

He wanted to make it right for her.

He walked towards the bar at the corner. His dad and his uncles had teased him that they only liked to come here because he had every type of drinks there.

He plucked out a bottle of Glenlivet and poured some in a glass.

He downed it and poured some more. Maybe he just needed to get drunk.

**********

Someone was making a lot of noise which was giving him a headache. He was going to fucking kill whoever it was.

He raised his head. And Sydney stood right in front of him.

"What?" He snapped.

She just shook her head and slid two tablets and a glass of water to him.

"Thanks"

"You look like shit"

"I feel like shit" he retorted.

"Seriously, Logan this is not you. You slept on the bar. I still wonder how you didn't slid off that stool."

"Spare me the lecture, Syd. My head is pounding. That's enough of a punishment for now."

She sighed. With her help he sat down on his couch. He rested his head on the back of the couch.

"Sometimes I wonder why I never could have feelings for you. It would've been so easy"

"Love is never easy." She said, her eyes taking that faraway look.

"I am going to give you time. But when it goes too far, I'll find what has gotten you so.. troubled."

"It's not your fight, Logan. Besides, what's up with you and Lexi?"

"I was in Paris that day. The Traversons wanted to negotiate. I got the deal. And instead of going to my suite, I went to the bar where I met this beautiful, hot woman. One thing led to another.-"

"You slept with Alexis Beckett?" Sydney gaped.

"I didn't know who she was. When I woke up, she was gone. I tried to find her. But how could I, when I didn't even know her name. I still tried to find if she was staying in the hotel. No such luck . And finally when I gave up. Here she is."

"You like her?"

"No. I don't know. But there's a spark. And I want to see where this takes us, if only she would give me a chance. She already thinks I cheated on you."

Sydney got up and walked into the kitchen. She came back with two cups of coffee.

"If you're going to woo her, it's going to be hard. She's not the girl to whom you can just buy gifts or flowers. And you are going nowhere with her if she thinks you cheated on me with her." She took a sip and said " By the way, you did cheat on me."

"Shut up"

"But what are you going to do? I don't think she even wants to see you."

"Well..."

Sydney was wrong there. Lexi had a deal with him. And he intend to reap all the benefits off of it.

***********
Vote and Comment people

-Nami