Those Things Are Addictive

Chapter 34 - Those Things Are Addictive.

LOGAN HUNT

Logan came at a halt at the tall, intricately designed iron gates.

A man in uniform came forward.

"Sir, you cannot go inside."

"I am here to meet my brother, Sean Hunt."

The guard straightened. He walked away and used a phone maybe to check up or something.

Five minutes later, Logan was driving parked his car in front of the fountain that had him mesmerised.

There was no water yet. But it would look lovely when it started working.

He slowly walked towards the door, admiring the lawn on both sides of the walkway to the steps leading to the mansion. Small plants, bushes shrubs were planted near the wall.

He took the stairs leading to the main doors.

The doors were open. He could hear various noises. The sound of wood sawing, the drill, a hammer somewhere else. Everything together created a chaos.

Sean stood at the doorway with a big smile on his face.

"Hey brother." Sean was bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"Are you on sugar rush?" Logan asked. Seeing his brother so happy, he couldn't help but smile back.

"No. But I am high on Diet Coke."

Logan smacked him.

"How many times have I told you to stop drinking those?"

"Can't help it brother. Those things are addictive." Sean started walking in expecting Logan to follow him.

Sean trew his hands wide.

"This is the lobby." He gestured to the left where five workers were putting up a desk. "That's going to be the reception. It will be ready by the end of the day. And also this," he looked up. Logan, too, looked up to see a huge glass chandelier was being hung up.

"C'mon" Sean walked to the right. " Put up a few sofas here for waiting. Two LED's here and one will be put up behind the reception desk displaying the areas.

Sean then walked to the right corner, under the stairs

"This is for staff only." He opened the door. There were nearly twenty people. And standing in the middle was Kayla. "She is incharge of the kitchen for now. Once it is all set up, she'll be here setting up the menu for one week. And then it's all on us. We'll have to find staff. I've found a few. Finding the Chef is on you and her."

Kayla tuened at that moment and looked at him and waved. He waved back. And closed the door.

Sean then started walking towards left.

"This room will be a shop. And also the first room from the left."

He came to a stop to the next door and opened. A stage was setup on the opposite side. And chairs and tables were setup. "For small private parties?" Logan guessed

"Yes" Sean nodded.

"Nice idea."

"This one's a gym." Next they came to a two sets of steel doors that parted from the middle "Elevators?" He guessed. And Sean nodded

"This one's a library." Sean rolled his eyes. "For people who need a little bit of quiet and peace. Alexis's words not mine."

Sean walked to the far side.

"Stairs on both sides" he pointed to the far right under which there was a 'staff only' door to the kitchen. "There's a storage room below the stairs here."

They took the stairs to the first floor.

"The rooms are ready. Well furnished. Your girlfriend is anal about somethings. Instead of ordering the furniture, she called in the carpenters and have them made it right here under her observation."

He pushed in the doors.

"We had to strip down the wallpaper. Tedious work. Even if she put five workers in each room, it took half a day just to strip it down."

Logan loved the rooms. Taupe colored paired with off-white curtains. White mattress with brown pillows. White carpeted floor. Air-conditioned. Tv on the wall opposite to the bed. A closet to the left corner. The rooms were quite large. The king - sized bed hardly covered a quarter of the room. They walked to the bathroom. Jacuzzi, shower and everything a bathroom could have.

Sean guided Logan out of there and to the elevators. They went to the top floor and towards the office Sean had said.

Two guards sat in two chairs and watched the numerous monitors. There were numerous telephones. Almost ten. Sean explained that it connected to various areas. The room was comparatively small. Not even half of the rooms.

Sean walked in and opened a door on the opposite side of the room.

"This is your office. And Alexis's too."

He walked in. A desk, a chair. And nothing else. White walls. Black couch.And nothing else except for the glass instead of a brick wall behind his chair.

"Cool."

"Cool it is." Said Sean and pressed a bunck of keys in his hand.

"What is this?"

"I don't think you'd like to enter in through that door, do you?"

Logan frowned.

He walked to the right side and opened another door.

"This is your room. And Alexis's, too. You know, if either of you or both of you decide to stay by any chance."

Logan was impressed. Impressed wouldn't even cover as to what he felt at everything.

"One more week and everything'll be ready"he stated more than asked.

"More like three days." Sean nodded

"I don't understand. Why would she do all of this."

"Because she trusts you."

"Not enough to be with me."Logan grumbled as he settled on the couch in his office.

"Dude, you have no idea how much the woman has done for you without asking anything in return."

"What do you mean?"

"She gave you 49% ownership of this resort. The profits this resort earns it will be divided in three. 50% to the company. 10% to you and only you. I get 10%. And she earns only 30%. She's spending millions in just the repairs and the extra construction in the back. This resort bears our name."

Logan frowned.

"I don't understand. 30% is less than what she's spending on this place. And I didn't expect her to give me 49% of the club. " Logan was downright confused.

"She must've asked for something else, too" He continued

"She did."

"What?"

"She asked to call off the wedding."

********

Vote and comment guys.

-Nami