Pack Your Bags

Chapter 25 - Pack Your Bags

ALEXIS BECKETT

Alexis woke up alone the next morning. She had been exhausted for no reason. And it felt lovely to just cuddle in his arms last night.

But then she couldn't help but think about all of the things she was leaving behind.

Tessa, Mirage, her fashion show that was due in four months. Even Logan must've things to do back home.

She all but ran to the bathroom to get dressed up and be home.

The moment she stepped out of the bathroom, she heard a click of the door closing.

Logan must be back.

He barged in with a look of excitement which vanished as he saw her.

"What is it?"

She felt guilty. He had something to tell her and her uncertainty had killed the excitement on his face.

"I think we should get going now. There's Tessa and then there's nobody to look after Mirage."

For a moment Logan just stared at her. He said nothing. She couldn't even read him.

He stood with his fists clenched, spine straight, sweat slicked body rigid. Uh-oh. Suddenly she had a bad feeling.

"Pack your bags." He said in a rough voice. But his face displayed none of his emotions.

Two hours later, Alexis was sitting in the passenger's seat, her arms crossed across her chest, refusing to look Logan's way.

"Lexi, stop acting like a five year old."

"I have nothing to say as long as you don't turn the car and drive me back home."

"Well then this is going to be one excruciatingly long silent trip." He mocked.

She just rolled her eyes.

The man was so stubborn. He infuriated her and still she loved him.

God only knew why.

Didn't he understand how fatal this would end. She was as it is neglecting Tessa as Logan took most of the space in her mind and heart.

She hadn't even thought about announcing a new line. She had been avoiding the interviews.

And god only knew what was going on with Sydney. There were no complaints or angry phone calls regarding her. So she hoped everything was okay.

She wanted to be back home and immerse herself in work and forget all about Logan.

She didn't need to get all tangled up in this stuff. Maybe after Mirage was on top and after Tessa was married and stuff, she would think about herself.

And she really didn't need anybody. She had handled everything all by herself. She could continue doing that.

But then Logan would prove that she did long for something only he could give her. And that was something she did not like.

Gosh, what is this? Was she bipolar or something? One moment she was thinking of leaving and forgetting him and the next minute she would wonder about the next time she would get to feel safe in his arms.

"Lexi, you said you'd give us some time."

Lexi didn't answer. And she was angry with herself. This is wrong her mind said. But it feels right, her heart would say.

Before she knew it, words tumbled out of her mouth
"No. I just agreed to give us a day."

"Few days." He shot back.

She didn't answer him.

"Just a few days. Give me a chance to prove myself."

"You don't have to prove anything and especially to me. I know where this is going. And that is something I am not ready for."

"So what? You're going to spend the rest of your life taking care of Mirage and Tessa. Mirage... I can understand. But Tessa? She is not a baby anymore."

"No. She's in her early twenties thinking with her hormones."she grumbled.

"Don't forget that this is the very Tess that defends you every now and then and does each and every little work for you."

"Wow. Defending my sister won't land you in her good books."

He chuckled, "Well, we sorted our differences already."

"Looks like I can't even depend on my sister to have my back anymore."

"Why can't you just let it go and have some time for yourself? I am trying my best to do something for you and it seems like none of it is appreciated."

For a long moment she didn't reply anything. He was right. He was giving her time for herself.

But the thing was, she was getting attached to him. She had avoided stuff like this.

When she was little and everytime someone or something good came along, she would have hopes that her miserable life would take a turn. But then after a few days her hopes would be crushed.

She had given up hope. She would handle Tessa's responsibility. Tessa was a smart kid. And she never asked or whined for anything. Both of them got along just fine.

Mirage was her life, her dream. She had been taking care of it this whole time. She trusted Tessa but Tessa deserved something more than handling Lexi's fashion house.

Tessa was part owner of it but she was supposed to be in court and putting all her effort in being a successful lawyer.

Before she could open her mouth, Logan was already parking his car in the airport's parking lot.

"Wh-where are we going?"

Logan refused to answer.

Half hour later, they waited for almost an hour in a fast food joint at the airport.

Logan was busy calling people.

"Get it done on time. I don't want to hear anything else. If Sean doesn't call me saying that the construction has started on time, you're fired." And hung up.

The whole time when he was on his phone, she watched him.

He looked up from his fries, "what are you looking at?"

"You" she answered with a smile.
He narrowed his eyes.

"Nothing." She shrugged.

"Something must've happened. You were all against this. Us. And suddenly you're smiling. Planning to run away from me?" He asked in a teasing tone. But she detected a bit of fear. Fear of rejection. Fear of losing her.

"No. I just thought about what you said." She ran a finger on the rim of her coffee cup. "I guess I can give us a few days. Don't worry. This time I mean it." she said as she looked him straight in the eye.

"I promise I'll make this trip worth it." He placed his hand on hers and squeezed it.

She felt a small tug in her heart as she flipped her hand and twisted her fingers with his.

Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to be with him.

********

Vote and comment guys

- Nami