Get Over This

Chapter 35 -  Get Over This

ALEXIS BECKETT

Alexis looked around.

She was proud of all the things she had done.

Especially at the back.

There were chairs and tables at various spots on the grass for dining. She had refused to cut down the trees or mow the grass. The grass felt good on her naked feet.

She had created a walkway, trees on both sides making it a canopy which lead to the pool.

A little away from the swimming pool she had found a barn. She turned it into a one storey small house.  Gamehouse, she called it. Pool, carrom, foosball, the games mostly men played were installed upstairs and a few video games for the kids downstairs.

There was still enough ground that Sean suggested to divide it into two with a wall in between and create a tennis court and a mini golf court. She didn't like the idea of the wall so she just put up a netting fence.

That gave her the idea of a cart and she asked for a few golf carts that would not only serve the purpose for golf but also to take a look around.

She had kept the trees and plants it gave a nice vibe to the place.

  She loved the way everything had turned out.

She had decided to have her next show right here in this mansion.

She could understand what Logan felt when he showed around his resort back then.

Thinking of Logan brought a little pang in her chest. That man didn't trust her enough to tell her. He didn't loved her enough to share his problems.

She didn't just want to be with him in his good times. She wanted to be with him at all times.  She was about to profess her love that day when she had those reservations made. But Logan had been too busy drowning his sorrows in alcohol.

"There you are." A familiar voice pulled her from her thoughts. She turned and was encased in a hug

"Looks like the vacation went well."

"It was lovely." Sydney gushed and started ranting about boat rides and historical places she visited.

"Okay. Okay. Calm down. I didn't call you here to listeb to your stories."

"That's because you're jealous that you didn't get to come with me." Sydney stuck out her tongue at her

"Real mature, Syd." Lexi laughed a little. And Sydney playfully rolled her eyes.

"So why did you call me?"

"Did you take a look around? "

"Yes. It's beautiful. I love it."

Lexi smiled. "I am glad you like it."

"So why am I here?"

"My next show is in two weeks. Dresses are not yet ready. This will be the venue but I have yet to set up a ramp, lights, seating arrangements,  everything. And this is my first men's collection. But I need girls too"

"Why do you need girls in men's collection?"

"It's more of a men and women's collection. Together."

"Okay." Syd nodded "But it's not as if you cannot get ahold of them."

"I can."

"I am not sure what favor you need."

Lexi pursed her lips. She didn't want to spell it out for her.

"Does it have anything to do with Logan?"

Lexi sighed.

"Not only, Logan. But everything. You see, Syd, Seasons was the show that brought me up here. I cannot just make anything and declare it a line. The designs are ready but the dresses are not."

"You have Tess, right?"

"Yes. She's looking after the setup that we'll have to put up here."

"Hmmm"

"The thing is, I want your help with certain things."

"Like?"

"Like choosing the girls for the show."

"And?"

"And choosing the male models."

"And?"

Now Lexi wrung her hands.

"Do you really want my help in choosing which model will walk on the ramp?" Sydney raised an eyebrow.

"Of course I-"

"Lexi. You're a perfectionist. I know you very well. You need to do all these things by yourself. You might say you need my help in this section but we both know you don't."

"How do you even-"

"Are you really telling me that you won't look at what models are going to catwalk on the stage? Are you really telling me you'll let me take charge of that part?"

Lexi glared at Sydney.

"Let's be honest, okay?"

"Fine." Lexi crossed her arms. "I want you to teach Logan to walk on ramp."

"Okay. But I have a feeling that that's not why you called me here."

Lexi couldn't help but feel pathetic. It had been over three weeks and Logan hadn't even texted her or done anything for that matter.

"I want to know what's going on in his mind."

"Who's?"

Lexi sighed. "Logan's."

"And you want me to find it out?"

"Yes?"

Sydney frowned "Why?"

Lexi dragged Sydney towards the dining area and sat down on one of the chairs as Sydney took a seat in front of her.

"See. It's been three weeks. Three weeks since I last saw him. The last time I saw him, I slapped him and he deserved it. But if I don't count that meet, then it's been almost five weeks. I miss him okay. A lot. But it seems like he doesn't miss me. I did everything I could. But there's this thing about trust. He couldn't even tell me his problems. I want to be with him through his good and also his bad times. It hurt me when he could plaster a smile when he was struggling a lot all by himself.

"It feels like, he forgot me. I don't think he loves me."

"Do you?" Sydney asked after minutes of silence.

  "Do I what?"

"Love him?"

"Do I love him? Yes. Yes I do." She raised a hand to stop Sydney from whatever next she was about to say. "I know. You'd say just tell him. But it's not that simple. I need assurance. And this time he needs to come to me. I know he did a lot for me too. But I was going to tell him you know? But he stamped all over my plan. So now he needs to do something. Anything. But he isn't doing anything. I just want to know whether I should wait for him or get over this."

"Will you be able to get over this?"

"Actually, no. Never. But I'll walk away if that's what he wants."

"Maybe he's busy with planning a very big gesture. "

"Maybe. But please Sydney. Just find out if he still wants me. I would hate to leave this and you guys because he hates me. And hate is the last thing I want from him"

*********

Vote and comment guys

- Nami