How About A Run

Chapter 11 - How About A Run

ALEXIS BECKETT

Tessa stormed in Lexi's room.
"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What do you want Tess?" She asked. She was exhausted, emotionally.

Lexi didn't know what the hell was wrong with her. She didn't know why she was suddenly angry.

Maybe because every woman she met, had already been with Logan. Kayla, Sydney and god knows how many girls he must've slept.

But it shouldn't matter to her right? And it should be good that he was ready to go through his part of the deal. Then why wouldn't she agree with him.

She had a one night stand and who he slept with anymore shouldn't matter to her.

Fine. Decision made.

"Are you even listening to me?"

She had tuned Tessa out.

"Sorry I have a lot on my mind."

Tessa sighed and sat down on her bed, beside her.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No. All we need to do is look for a job for you."

"I do not need a job." Tessa argued.

"Yes you do. You are too qualified to be a simple secretary or PA or whatever"

" Are you firing me, boss lady?" Tessa said with mock anger

"Yes missy." She said with a straight face. She hated it when Tessa called her boss lady

Tessa's small smile faltered as she saw that Tessa was serious.

But when her lips twitched, Tessa understood that she had been fooled.

She picked up a pillow and brought it down on her head, messing up Lexi's hair.

**********

Next day at 6 in the morning Lexi was standing in front of his condo wondering if she should ring the bell or not.

It wasn't quite hard to find his address. All she had to do was call Sydney and ask. But even that had taken nearly 1 hour, because Lexi didn't want to call Sydney so she could ask her fiancé's address. Damn that word still left a bitter taste in her mouth.

It doesn't matter. I am here to get over with this deal.

She let out a breath. And rang the doorbell.

A minute or two later she almost concluded that he might not be home. Maybe with someone else, at her place.

She grimaced but then the door opened and a blonde head poked out.

"What the fuck?" Dave snarled as he rubbed his eye.

"And good morning to you too, sweetheart" she said too sweetly.

This was sure as hell amusing.

"Oh Lexi, right?" He said still a bit sleepy.

If only a certain black inky haired idiot billionaire hadn't snared her attention, she would've really appreciated the view she had in front of her.

She had seen enough male models. Egotistical models, bastard models, dumb models.

But still these people were different. God knows why.

Dave was in his shorts. No doubt he worked out so much. His body was like someone had seriously carved.

But it didn't do anything to her.