Just Be With Me

Chapter 17- Just Be With Me

ALEXIS BECKETT

It was now official.

Alexis Beckett had gone completely crazy.

There was no other explanation for why she'd bid 20 grand on a billionaire she had been avoiding.

She could've just bid on Dave. Any ways he was just going to go with Tess.
Initially she had thought just that, to bid on him. But somehow it didn't sit right with her to bid on him. Kayla had come here with god knows who because she had been pretty much alone this whole time.

So she asked her to bid on Dave. Kayla had been a little hard to persuade. But after promising three dresses of her new design, a jacket and an afternoon in spa, she agreed to bid the highest.

In Logan's case, she didn't wanted to bid. Before him the highest bid had been ten grand.

When he came on stage the bid raise to eight before she could even blink.

Just when Sydney was going to bid, she thought fuck it. She had not increased the bid by two but by twelve fucking grand.

It wasn't about money. It was about the man she bid on.

And she hated the fact that Logan would pester her and sure as hell drag her to a date with him. Worst part, she would enjoy a lot with him.

Being apart didn't in any way help her case. This was one miserable month. She had found herself running her finger on her lips as she remembered his toe-curling kisses.

"Earth to Lexi" his smooth rich voice brought her back to the present.

He took her all the way to the dance floor. He smoothed his one hand over her waist while he took the other in his. She automatically placed her hand on his shoulder and danced to the tune.

And she was impressed.

"You can waltz." She stated in an amused tone.

"You seem impressed." He said with a chuckle.

"I am"

After a song or two they escaped the dance floor to get a drink.

Logan sat on a chair at their table where Kayla was still sipping her champagne.

She looked at him and already found him staring at her.

She couldn't take her eyes off of him. She just wanted to drown in his beautiful eyes.

He raised his hand and closed over hers which was on the table as he threaded his fingers with hers. And for a moment she just wanted to savor this moment. So she did not push him away.

"You know, I missed you alot."

"I missed you too." She confessed.

He smiled at her and stood up as he tugged her hand.

"Let's go."

"Where?"

"Just.. c'mon"

"Okay." Lexi stood up and was about to take a step with him when she heard the voice that grated her nerves.

"Logan." Sydney came ahead.

Lexi let go of his hand. It was stupid of her to think that she could spend a few moments with him.

"What now, Syd?" He asked, his eyes on Sydney as he reached for Lexi's hand.

She looked at Lexi and then at him.