Just A One Night Stand

Chapter 13 - Just A One Night Stand

ALEXIS BECKETT

Alexis knew that there was no other way to keep this professional.

That one night stand would always be there between them. Just because the attraction she felt that night was the same she felt everytime she saw him. Maybe it was even more stronger than before.

And that was wrong. So, so wrong. He was someone else's fiancé

Damn that word.

She hated that word. But whatever. She would have to deal with it.

And what other way to keep it professional between them than a contract.

As Sydney slid her contract in the purse. Lexi waited for everybody to expect more words from her.

As three pairs of eyes looked at her. She asked Sydney and Tessa to leave them alone.

"I am not-"

"Tess. Now" she used that mom-voice as Tess called it, when she was a teenager.

Tess opened her mouth to say something but Lexi's one glare had her snapping her mouth shut and leaving the room.

When Logan and Lexi were alone, Lexi took a deep breath to start when he asked her.

"So this is how it's going to be. Professional? Formal?"

"Mr. Hunt, I didn't call you here to discuss about whether our connection is personal or professional. As I said before, nothing is of my concern as long as it doesn't affects my fashion house.

" I made a deal with you that cost me my dream. So let's say I am keeping it professional so as to not fall for anyone's manipulation.

"So blunt" he sat back, relaxed. His face blank that had Lexi confused as to what he was thinking. Damn these businessman.

She shrugged, her face blank too

"I have too"

With another deep breath she started

"I had my lawyer draw up a contract especially for you. The line I'm working on will be brought out six months from now. You're to be the showstopper for that show as per our deal. You cannot back out of it since I held my part of the deal and I expect you to hold yours.

"You'll be trained by me. You're not allowed to speak of this deal to anyone nor can you speak about anything we talked today.

"Our connections are to be strictly professional. That really means not even an ounce of intimacy. And definitely no kissing." She added as he smirked. Oh he was definitely thinking about this morning.

"I'll expect you to go your way after you complete your part of the deal.

"You cannot hold a single thing over me as I've done exactly as you asked so I expect the same from you.

"And unlike Sydney's contract, you're not bound to Mirage. This contract is between you and me and not between you and Mirage. I am talking to you as a fashion designer and not as the owner of Mirage.

"All I expect from you is for you to not screw up on the ramp. Am I clear Mr. Hunt."

"Crystal" he said in a smooth voice.

"You can read over and ask anything. I'll like it if you signed it right now."

"I do not-"

"Oh for God's sake, it's hardly four pages. Just read and sign it Logan."

He smirked.

"You know Miss Beckett, I find this contract really intriguing. "

Lexi took a few deep breaths to calm herself. She was so close to hurl the paper weight at him.

He continued after a few minutes of silence.

"You see, just yesterday you were hell bent on making me go back on my word. You were the one who did not want a single thing to do with me.

"And them this morning you come to my house telling me that you want to go ahead with the deal.

"In all of these conversations, I don't remember me telling you to consider thinking otherwise about the deal between us or to ask somebody else instead of my place.

"Yet here I am told to sign a contract that says I cannot backout on my qord when I really don't intend to.

"So tell me Miss Beckett. Why do you want me to sign this?"

Lexi didn't say a thing. She was trying her level best to keep her cool.

"Tell me Miss Beckett. You know you could have just told me not to utter a word about this to anyone and I would have kept quiet.

Silence descended between them.

"I have had enough men looking down at me like I was some worthless woman not upto their standard.

"I won't tolerate you doing the same to me. I understand what you are asking. And I know that you know why I am drawing a line between us."

Logan stood up and started pacing.

"Please. Don't do this."

"I will appreciate if you keep your distance and respect my space, Mr. Hunt. I cannot have any kind of relationship with you other than a professional one. I do not like you manhandling me."

"Manhandling?" He almost yelled.

"Respect my wishes and we'll get along just fine."

"Look me in the eye and tell me you don't feel this attraction."

"You're a handsome man. From your experience you'd know that women, including me are infact attracted to men like you."

"Is this what it is about? My past with women?"

"It's about doing the right thing by the woman you're engaged to" she shouted, finally fed up of this. "Do you think I like this, any of this? This was supposed to be a one-night stand."

Logan froze.

"Just a one night stand?" he asked in an icy tone

"Yes" she said in an equally cool voice.

"In that case I'll sign it."

Lexi's heart sank. Why? She didn't know. But what did she expect?

Was she being hasty?

She was attracted to him. That was for sure. And putting a stop to it was the right thing to do.

Right?

She couldn't let her hormones get in the middle. He was engaged to Sydney.

And she was doing the right thing.

Even if she didn't want to...

********

Vote and comment, people

-Nami