20000 dollars

Chapter 16 - 20000 dollars

LOGAN HUNT

Logan was going to strangle his cousin to death. Dave knew he liked Lexi.

Dave already had Tessa falling all over him.

And now Lexi.

Why Lexi? Of all people. And she too was plastering herself to him.

And Dave had to kiss her. How could she let him kiss her?

She would always push him away. But she let Dave kiss her. Wow. Thats just fan-fucking-tastic.

He raked a hand through his hair. He wanted to scream. And punch and ruin his cousins face.

He walked to the backstage where Abigail stood arms crossed across her chest.

Abigail was a very beautiful petite woman in her early thirties with a nice lithe body, straight raven black hair and chocolate brown eyes. Abigail's elder sister had been subjected to abuse by her husband. Her death had crushed Abigail. So here she was standing up for all women. And Logan couldn't help but admire the woman's courage.

She was one beautiful woman. But he still couldn't stop himself from comparing her to Lexi. He was doing this alot. Comparing others with Lexi.

He pushed his thoughts to the back of his mind and walked straight to her with a large smile on his face.

"You should've been here ten minutes ago." She said with a tinge of annoyance to her tone.

"Well, your highness, I just got caught up with something."

She shook her head as if saying, I don't even understand why I bother to say whatever I just said since you never change.

"I see everybody's here." He looked around and glared at Dave who stood with a couple of guys with a glass of scotch in hand.

Dave winked at him which did nothing but annoy him more.

"If you go on stage with that look on your face, you might as well end up alone."

"Oh Abby, that is exactly what I am hoping for."

"Sweetie." She patted his chest. "I hope to secure atleast five or six grand from your date."

"You could've just asked for it to me."

Her face lost all humor as she said. "Even if I run a charity, I do not want your money as charity. It is like begging. And I hate begging. I'd rather work my ass of for every penny."
Then she looped her arm around his. " plus I get to see all of you guys tortured as all these women fight for you."

Logan made a grimacing face. He had already told Sydney to bid on him as high as possible.

Would Lexi bid on him?

His gaze turned to Dave. No. Nope. He didn't want to think about that. But his thoughts were already running wild as he saw her win a date with him and then having fun together. He could even see them making out together and that just made him go insane.

"Lose the murderous look on your face. By the smirk on Dave's face I can already say that whatever he's doing, it's just to antagonize you. Calm down, will you?"

He closed his eyes and took deep breaths. When he felt in control he opened his eyes.

He was the last one to go on stage. Dave was the second last.

A waiter came back stage with flutes of champagne. He told the waiter to get a glass of scotch for him. When Abigail frowned, he only said that he needed liquid courage.

He downed his glass and went to stand at the side on the stage as Dave was called ahead. As the host finished with a quick information about Dave and what Dave has promised, the bidding began.

He saw women fighting for his attention. And his asshole cousin would just smirk or wink at the women.

His eyes sought out Lexi. She was sitting and drink in her champagne. As the bidding reached a hundred grand, she leaned towards Kayla. Both women talked and talked. It looked more like an argument. After a few more sighs. Kayla raised the bidding to a hundred and six grand.

Nobody bid after that. Kayla got herself a date with Dave which Kayla wasn't much happy for.

Logan knew that Lexi must've pushed Kayla for it.

He shook his head and walked up ahead as his name was called.

As the host introduced him, he tuned out the voices and just looked at Lexi. Damn , but the woman was beautiful.

He didn't even know the bidding had started.

He was brought out of his thoughts when he saw Sydney bidding eighty grand for him.

Whoa, this was going up fast.

He looked back at Lexi who was chewing her bottom lip and there was anger in her eyes.

The bidding raised to a hundred and twenty in no time. And he saw the resolve in her eyes as she downed her flute and stood up.

"200000 dollars" she yelled.

Everything went quiet. Every head turned to her. Jaws dropped and Sydney just smirked.

Oh dear. Sydney knew all along this would happen, didn't she?

And she wasn't even bidding pn him. She had promised she would.

But somehow he was relieved that she didn't.

"200000 dollars going once. Going twice. And sold."

A slow relieved smile spread on his face as the host yelled.

"A date with Logan Hunt won by Alexis Beckett for 200000 dollars"

She walked ahead and he proceeded down the stairs. He took her hand in his and kissed her knuckles.

"I promise. I will make this date worth evrry penny of yours."

"I hate you" she said through gritted teeth.

"Keep assuring that to yourself" she sucked in a breath as he slid has arm around her waist.

"Let's see how that works for you."

********

Hey people.

I am on a roll. I am thinking of finishing this book as fast as possible.

I have other books to finish too. But I'll complete these one by one as I just got a week free after a whole of two months.

Thank ypu for your votes guys.

Keep voting and commenting too.

- Nami