Dork

Chapter 32 - Dork
LOGAN HUNT

Logan didn't know what to do.

His brain had shut down.

I don't trust you with my heart anymore  she had said.

What the hell does that even mean?

One mistake on his part and everything was falling apart.

He crossed his arms across his chest.

What about all those times when she had refused but he still pursued her?

And what about that time when you struck that deal?  His conscience reminded him.

But he had agreed to be a showstopper in one of her shows.

And how many times did she remind you that you owe her? Also she was ready to let it go.

But what about the time when he had taken her to Paris.

And what about the time you made her cry ?

Shit. Fucking hell. He didn't want to think of that. His heart had ached so bad as he sat outside the bedroom and heard her sobs. It still hurt him to see the hurt in her eyes. His strong, independent, stubborn Alexis never cried.

But he had made her cry.

And broke her trust.

And crushed her hopes.

And hurt her.

He really was the bad guy in this.

Here she was, taking care of his business while he had been holed up in his condo moping and drowning his sorrows in alcohol.

This was making his head hurt. There was still a dull throb ag the back of her head due to the hangover. And thinking hurt alot.

He tried to imagine his life without her. He didn't even have to imagine it. Two weeks without her had been the hardest time of his life. He couldn't even think about spending his time like that for the rest of his life.

He had to do something.

His brain wouldn't work.

  But he knew who would help him.

********

"Why the hell are you in my kitchen? Get out before I kick you." Kayla screeched.

Melodramatic.

"I said, get out." She screeched and raised her spatula as if she was seconds away feom hitting him.

"Okay. Okay. Calm down, woman. Geez."

"I told you so." Tessa muttered as he stepped out the back door that was the entrance to the kitchen.

"I think I lost the sense of hearing."

Tessa threw her hands in the air in frustration. "What does Alexis see in you? "

"I ask myself the same question?" He shook his head "But then I look myself at the mirror and then I know why." He grinned.

"Dork." She said but chuckled.

Tessa had forgiven him. At first, Tessa had been a pain in his ass. But then now that they were fighting, Logan liked her company.

And when it came to Lexi, there were only two persons he could think of.

He had gotten ahold of Tessa.

While he and Lexi had escaped to Paris, Dave and Tessa had found a nice condominium. Tessa paid it for it and had everything moved in.

Tessa said she had been reluctant to sell her old house. She used to live in the house next to it. She grew up on that street.

She had talked to Lexi. So now, Tessa stayed there. While Lexi stayed in the condo.

Now he knew why he couldn't get ahold of Dave.

Kayla would be in her kitchen. So he had come here as fast as he could. Only to be kicked out.

Tessa had told him she would go all crazu on his ass if he wemt in through the kitchen instead of the front door.

But all he could think of was Lexi leaving him. And he couldn't quite digest that.

After half an hour of pacing, Kayla came out.

"What is it?" She said, her hands on her hip.

"Our boy here is having relationship problems."

Kayla smacked her forehead.

"Didn't you listen to me when I told you this would be like treading on thin ice?"

"She cried" Tessa supplied from behind

"I didn't do anything. It was all dad."
Kayla frowned

"Your dad?"

"I-I..." he started and then stopped.

"Honey, this will take time."Tessa said, "Get your thing and meet me at the front. And see if you can put together something. He didn't even let me have breakfast."

"You still stay there?" Kayla asked.

Tessa nodded

"You go ahead, then. I have a few chicken rolls. You okay with that?"

"More than okay."

Half an hour later, he was sitting on one of the chairs at the  dining table at Lexi's old place.

Tessa was busy stuffing her mouth. And moaning I delight. And Logan just sat there, his own stomach growling.

He tried snatching one but Tessa would just slap his hand.

"How can you eat so much and still stay so slim?" He wondered aloud.

"All because of your girlfriend. That woman is so addicted to coffee. She makes ne run 15 times up and down just for a cup of coffee."

"Why don't you buy her a coffee machine?"

Both women looked at him as he was dumb.

"What?" He scowled at them.

"I wouldn't let Lexi touch anything in my kitchen with a ten foot pole. If you let Lexi step in, well then, good luck spending hours in cleaning the kitchen."

"Yeah."Tessa murmured around a mouthful of food.

"Shut your trap."Kayla yelled."That's gross."

Tessa swallowed her food and pointed a finger at her.

"You're such a mom."

"Uh huh. I'll show you my momness if you don't finish it first without opening your mouth."

"There's no such word as momness."Tessa rolled her eyes.

"Sure there is." Kayla volleyed back.

Logan sighed and dropped his head in his hands.

This was going to be one long ass night.

********

Votes and comment.

- Nami