Never Piss You Off

Chapter 10- Never Piss You Off

LOGAN HUNT

Logan felt like somebody punched him in the gut when Lexi said she didn't trust him. She was right, in a way. He couldn't tell anyone about him and Sydney. So they stuck to the usual - we are engaged but decided to keep it quiet for a while.

He wanted to tell everything to Lexi. But then a voice in his mind would say otherwise. She didn't trust him now. Would she believe him when he told her? And he had just met her. He couldn't just up and tell her his each and every secret.

His life felt like an episode of the daily soap. And he couldn't guarantee her that he wouldn't go back to Sydney.

He was-in one way or another- with Sydney. And Lexi didn't like that a bit.

Should he be happy that she felt a bit jealous? But she had said she hated him because he cheated on Sydney which actually was not true, maybe it was - sort of.

He couldn't go out because the paparazzi was already at the door.

Before he could decide where to go, she was there

"Logan" he heard her call. He didn't want to stop but he did. He made his face devoid of emotions. Made sure that his face or eyes didn't betray what he felt.

"Hey" she placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"Listen. I am sorry. I didn't mean it like that" Lexi said to Logan who stood there facing away from her.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"There's nothing to be mad at" he stripped his voice off emotions.

"That alone tells me that you're mad at me."

"Then what do you want? Because me being anywhere near you isn't helping your cause. Me being away from you isn't helping my cause."

"Will you just face me? I feel weird talking to your back. And I don't want to create a scene here"

He turned and didn't like the fact that he was already melting.

" Let's sit down somewhere " she grabbed him by the elbow and dragged to the nearest table.

"You can't sit just anywhere you want. This is not a park"

She sighed "I thought being a billionaire,  you would know that money can make anything possible."

"So you're going to sit anywhere and I am going to pay the bill for it." Logan didn't give a damn if he had to pay. It would hardly make a dent in his bank balance. But it made him think of Lexi as one of those gold diggers. And thinking of Lexi as a gold digger, he couldn't help but grimace.

She sat down and pointed a finger at him as he too sat in his chair.

"Whatever went through your mind, don't even dare to voice it. I am already annoyed with all of the things that happened to me this week. And of course I am not going to make you pay. I have enough to live my whole life without working a single day. I sure can pay for this. But I am so not going to. "

A waiter came running towards them.

"Ma'am, Sir. You cannot sit there. That is already-"

"Tell your chef, that Alex is here."

"But ma'am-"

"Just do it."

In a minute, a women in chef's clothes headed towards them. Logan recognized her as Kayla Summers. Kayla Summers was one amazing chef. And a good looking one too. And Logan's high school girlfriend.