Chapter 4- 'I hope Sophie Green gave you the clap.'

A/N: just wanna make it clear this is NOT a student/teacher story, so just because i've done a teachers POV does not mean they're going to bump n grind in this story. Just an insight really of what is going on outside of the party. Anyway, enjoy people and let me know what you think in the comments!

--

MR COOK POV

This was definitely not what I had in mind when I became a teacher.

Crouching in bushes with the principal of the school and the Art teacher at night, in the middle of the summer and spying on our pupils who were hosting a party.

I couldn’t help but laugh as I heard it was on school grounds. The kids really were getting creative I had to give them that. I wasn’t from this town, I moved here about 6 years ago and have been working at Riverbank High ever since. There was always a rumour that the town had a tradition that had been going on years; a few of the teachers told me who grew up here. I never really believed them to be honest, but I had to admit I was kind of impressed.

The town I grew up in would never have the balls to pull this kind of stunt once, let alone annually.

A lot of the teachers knew it happened, and clearly they had turned a blind eye to it. The kids would never really leave any trace that they had been there when the school year began, so no one ever said anything.

Unfortunately, there was Principal Gregory.

He had been working at the school less than a year, and I swear he must have been an army Sargent or something because the guy was on a mission right now. He had heard a whiff of the rumour that the kids hosted an annual party on school property, and he was determined he would be the one to end this ridiculous tradition.

Me personally, I would happily turn a blind eye and let them crack on with it. Especially if it meant I could spend this Friday night at home having a beer and watching the football match.

But no, my new boss insisted he be accompanied on his little ‘stake out’ mission. I don’t know why he chose me, maybe because I was one of the only teachers at the school who could chase after any of these kids without having a heart attack.

Why he chose Miss Vines, I will never know.

She was the other teacher that had been dragged out on this ridiculous trip. She was the art teacher, a blonde woman with a nice figure and at first glance looked more like a student herself than an actual teacher. I was a man, and I know it wasn’t professional but she was extremely beautiful. I was newly divorced (or freed as I like to put it) and I would be a liar if I said I would not love to have some quality time alone with her and that incredible figure.

We were probably the youngest teachers at the school. I was thirty-two and Hayley (Miss Vines) was going to turn thirty next month. You never would have guessed it looking at her though.

“I knew it. I knew these little delinquents were up to something.” Peter almost growled. As the Principal, he fitted the bill well. Angry, elderly and hated kids.

“Listen Peter I don’t understand why we are here. This has been going on for years, I say let them get on with it as long as they clean up after themselves.” I tried to persuade him to drop it, because I knew if we went in there right now it would definitely involve ‘overtime’. I didn’t really like to work over time, which was why I became a teacher. Weekends off, all summer off, all major holiday off and short hours. It was a sweet job.

He turned to me, the wrinkles around his eyes creasing hard as you could tell he was not happy.

“I will not allow this kind of behaviour to go on in my school.” He barked “The other Principals may have turned a blind eye, but I will not.”