Chapter 13- 'Frankie, not in front of the people who have penises!'

“My nose looks like a period right now.” Gavin whined, his head was tilted back as he let Frankie hold the cloth under his nose to clean up the blood.

She didn’t even bother to try and hide her shaking shoulders or the fact her face was sporting a big Cheshire cat grin.

“I said I'm sorry okay, but seriously man considering what’s going on right now creeping up on me was not your smartest move.” Archie pointed out. I could tell he wanted to laugh at Gavin, but he looked more annoyed because in the last ten minutes since the other guys arrived, Gavin had not stopped moaning.

“If this is broken I'm going to take a great bit sh*t right on your face I swear.” Gavin threatened, which made Frankie and I laugh out loud. Of all the threats he could have thrown, this was the one Gavin chose.

“Oh baby, you know I love it when you play dirty.” Archie smirked, and when Gavin turned his eyes to stare coldly at Archie the smirk didn’t falter and he even threw a wink at him.

Gavin ignored Archie’s mocking and turned his head again, his eyes looking at Frankie nervously.

“Is it broken?””

Frankie’s eyes flashed up to his face before they were back concentrating on mopping up the blood.

“I’m afraid looking at it this closely, it is.” She broke the news to him.

His eyes widened and he looked like he was going to cry “Really?”

“I have no f*cking idea because I don’t have a medical degree.” Frankie snapped at him when he didn’t spot the initial sarcasm on her voice “Seriously how am I meant to know? I’m not a doctor.”

Gavin narrowed his eyes and frowned “That was mean.”

“That was necessary.” Frankie corrected.

Jaden was smiling as he shook his head “It’s not broken the punch wasn’t even that hard.”

Archie scoffed, clearly offended “I beg to differ.”

This was how our group apparently socialised when we were in a life or death situation. We mocked and reassured the bitch of the group that they were not badly injured in order to stop a fully grown man from crying like we just told a 7 year old we had shot Santa and Christmas was cancelled this year.

“Why are you guys here?”  I found myself asking them, looking between Frankie, Gavin, Jaden and Alex. That would have been the first question out of my mouth if we weren’t distracted from the haymaker Gavin just received.

“Ask this one.” Jaden nodded his head towards Frankie, and I furrowed my brows in confusion. She stopped working on Gavin’s nose and turned to me like she suddenly remembered something.

“I need to talk to you.” Frankie declared, looking me directly in the eye. I looked back with a questioning glance.

“About what?”

She clenched her jaw, annoyed I was putting her on the spot. I just realised from the look she was giving me this was what we classed as private ‘girl talk’.

“Periods.” She answered back quickly, obviously lying but having the reaction she wanted when all of the guys instantly grimaced and groaned in disgust.

“Frankie, not in front of people who own penises. That’s like mentioning The Human Centipede when you're in the middle of dinner.” Gavin scrunched his eyes trying to get the images out of his head.

She turned to him, shaking her head in annoyance “You can mention your nose looking like a period whereas I can’t mention periods in general?” She questioned these double standards.