Chapter 28- 'I'm so happy to see that One Direction haircut of yours.'

A/N: Thank you so much to xOrangeBananax for the amazing banner!

--

We didn’t even make it out of the hall before the door flew open and someone came rushing in.

We immediately jumped back, assuming that Melt Face was storming in after getting a whiff that we were on our own, but to my astonishment it was Gavin. His breathing was erratic, and even though I knew he had just run from across the hall, he leaned over and placed a hand on his knee whilst he caught his breath.

“Jesus man, you need to work on your cardio.” Archie commented as he looked at his friend struggling to breathe.

“Harry…” Gavin choked, pointing one of his arms behind him “Harry’s here.”

My eyes almost popped straight out of my skull as I heard his words. Archie and I exchanged a look, and without saying a word both of us set off running back to the English room.

“Hold up!” Gavin shouted as he realised we we’re off. He closed his eyes and groaned before running after us “Could have given me five minutes to recuperate!”

“Shut up Gavin, what do you mean Harry’s here?” Archie asked, opening the door to the hall and running out.

“Exactly what it sounds like, it doesn’t have a secret cryptic meaning!” Gavin snapped back sarcastically, and we reached the door in seconds.

Seriously he was out of breath from this?

The guy needs a gym membership.

Archie banged his fists on the door, waiting for one of the guys to unlock it. I was bouncing from foot to foot on the spot anxiously as to what the hell was going on. How could Harry be here? He was in Ibiza last I heard. Gavin buckled over, holding his stomach as he groaned in pain.

“Seriously, I think I might have asthma.” Gavin gasped, scrunching his eyes as sweat actually trickled from his forehead.

Frankie’s face appeared though the square glass panel in the door.

“Harry’s here!” She exclaimed through the door, the excitement in her eyes apparent.

Archie gritted his teeth “I’ve heard, now would you so kindly open the door?”

Her eyes popped open a little as she realised “Oh yeah sorry…”

I briefly recalled Archie rolling his eyes as one half of team dumb and dumber proved exactly why they were so appropriately named that.

As I spotted a figure in the corner of my eye, I stopped bouncing on the spot.

Kevin. He was standing at the end of the hall by where the stairs were. Only half of his body was showing as he hid behind the wall. He was just looking at us, and even though I was far away from him I didn’t miss the expression on his face. He looked sad, and if my mind wasn’t playing tricks on me I swear he actually had tears in his eyes.

I went to open my mouth, to tell him to come back. Tell him that being on his own out here wasn’t safe. Before any sound came out of my mouth, he slowly shook his head. I don’t know why it made me stop. I knew that he shook his head so I wouldn’t shout out to him. Archie and Gavin hadn't seen him yet, and he knew if I had shouted to him they would be aware of his presence.

I couldn’t be sure, but he mouthed something to me. I wasn’t certain, but I could have sworn it was an apology.

My attention snapped back to the situation at hand when the door to the English room finally opened, and Archie and Gavin piled into the room. I went to follow, turning my head to look back at Kevin but when I did, he was gone.