Chapter 18- 'You would risk getting beat like Rihanna to protect us?'

“Did you poo?” Were the three words I was greeted with as Alex and I made our way back into the hall.

“What? No!” I exclaimed to Gavin, who just shrugged and looked at me with suspicious eyes.

“Are you sure? You guys took enough time. Nothing wrong if you did, anyone would shit themselves in this situation.” Gavin replied, and I couldn’t help it I laughed at his gentle words.

“Maybe they were making love?” Jaden suggested seriously, before again he burst out laughing so hard that no sound was coming out of his mouth.

Me and Alex exchanged a look, both rolling our eyes at the stupid accusation.

“Maybe, that would make it another one of the group you’ve gone through.” Archie’s voice suddenly filled the room, and I snapped my head towards him so fast I'm surprised I didn’t get whiplash. Considering the glare I was throwing his way, I was also surprised he didn’t just burst into flames.

“Rich words coming from Riverbanks own mascot of celibacy.” I spat at him with as much sarcasm I could muster, because let’s face it an accusation like that coming from him is the definition of the pot calling the kettle black. To put it more plainly, that was a bitchy as hell comment.

Alex didn’t say anything and just looked uncomfortable and confused, looking between his brother and myself trying to figure out where all this was coming from. Archie had a bitter smirk to his face and never broke our eye contact. He said nothing more.

“Right, I’ve been thinking about the best way to get out of here.” Mr Cook marched over to us, stopping all bitter encounters. Archie and I kept the eye contact for a few more seconds before we pulled away and looked at our English teacher “The windows are useless. I mean unless we drive through them there is no way we’re going to break them.”

“Thanks for that by the way.” Frankie cut in sarcastically. Mr Cook ignored her and carried on.

“There is another way we could get out of here. Well, a few of us could get out of here and call for help.” Mr Cook told us, and everyone’s ears perked up at the first idea anyone has had in a few hours. He looked between the group before announcing his solution “The roof.”

You could almost hear the simultaneous eye rolling from everyone in the group.

“That’s a brilliant idea and all, but in case you hadn’t noticed its four floors up, and none of us were blessed with the ability to fly.” Gavin said what we were all thinking. Well, he reworded what we were all thinking but he got the gist of it pretty well.

“I’m not suggesting we jump, I'm suggesting we climb down.” Mr Cook explained further.

“That is a great idea!” Gavin exclaimed, pointing at Mr Cook “It will be so easy as well, especially with all the knowledge we have of climbing down great heights from that time we travelled up Everest.”

I smiled and looked at the ground to stop my laughter at Gavin’s comment. Again, not the exact words but pretty much what we were all thinking.

Mr Cook was getting very annoyed at all the put downs to his ideas. I guess the man thought no one else was coming up with anything; at least he was being productive.

“If you carry on I’m going to throw you off that roof.” Mr Cook replied to Gavin, and Gavin’s eyes widened at the threat from the English teacher while the corner of his mouth rose in amusement. “We are in a school; there are more than enough materials to make some sort of rope or something for someone to climb down the building.”

This time no one dismiss the idea so quickly as we thought it over.

“You mean like tie sheets together?” I asked him and he nodded.