Chapter 33- 'You refused to top and tail because my feet made you sick.'

A/N:Thank you to rafia_s for the banner!

--

A lot of things had happened since we got to the Riot. I had watched people I knew, some I genuinely liked die in front of me. I had seen one of my best friends getting shot from just opening a door to get some Oreos. I had found out someone I loved like my own brother had been put through hell floor the majority of his childhood.

Yet even with everything that I had witnessed, things that I thought I would only see in films or read in books, nothing shocked me more than the three words that escaped Alex’s mouth as he broke down in tears in front of us all.

Archie was frozen to the spot; he looked over at his brother like he had just seen a ghost. Miss Vines looked over at the situation unravelling in front of her, I guess it must have surprised her so much the tears were no longer falling from her face. Kevin looked at Alex, he didn’t seem surprise and I’m guessing he already knew. Bradley had to tell him what all this about for him to agree to take part.

However, he didn’t look at Alex judgementally. He looked at Alex with pity. As he watched him break down finally confessing to something like this, Kevin seemed guiltier now for his part in it than before.

I guess Bradley was the only one who still believed Alex’s story was a lie.

“Finally.” Bradley said coldly. He finally got what he wanted. The truth.

Archie had not said a word. He had not moved since Alex told us his confession. He stood in front of us, his shoulders still shaking from the tears he was shedding and Archie was too shocked to move and comfort him.

So I did.

I moved forward, placing my hand on his trembling shoulder. He didn’t look up at me, not even when I pulled him towards me and wrapped my arms around him. I placed my hand at the back of his head as he buried his face into my shoulder crying hysterically. I felt his hands grip the back of my top, hugging me closer.

“It’s okay…” I told him softly.

“I killed him.” He repeated again through his tears. I closed my eyes, not letting go of him.

When I opened them, I looked directly at Archie. He was staring my direction, but I knew he was somewhere else. He was in a world of his own. 

He finally snapped out of it, looking at the scene in front of him before realising he couldn’t just stand there looking on like a deer caught in the headlights. I made eye contact with him, not saying any words but trying as hard as I could to tell him he had to comfort his brother.

I know that killing someone cannot be easy, well not for those with a conscience. Even though Roger had put Alex through hell, it was obvious by his reaction right at that moment he still felt guilty.

I took a step back, placing my hand on Alex’s cheek and forcing him to look at me. My heart broke as I looked at his tear stained face. His guilt ridden, tear stained face.

“It’s okay…don’t cry…it’s going to be okay.” I tried to comfort him with that lie, because I think deep down we all knew the truth. Alex was never going to be okay.

I heard someone scoff in disgust, and didn’t have to turn around to know it was Bradley.

“And yet he still sits at the top of your pedestals.” Bradley muttered, his voice revolted.

I ignored him, keeping my attention on Alex. Before I could say anything else to try and reassure him it was all going to be okay, Archie spoke.

“You couldn’t have done…” His voice was quiet, and for a second I thought he was talking to himself “He died of a heart attack.”