Chapter 25- 'I'd be useless in a brawl. Unless I crawl and bite his ankle.'

A/N: Thank you to thecolorsinmyhair for the amazing banner!

Enjoy guys, this chapter creeped me out a little while i wrote it for some reason. Hopefully it makes you guys get freeaked out as well and it's not just me being a little b*tch. 

Enjoy!

--

We all stared at the door, our jaws touching the ground at what we had just witnessed.

What couldn’t he do? Listen to Archie and Alex any longer?

I mean I know what Alex was saying was a lot to take; no one likes to hear stuff like that. Hearing about a child being abused their entire lives isn’t easy on anyone, but how come he took it so hard that he had to vacate the room and run out into the hall with a crazed man who was hanging people in the spirit of a game?

 I looked at Frankie who looked back just as baffled as I was.

Since when did the timid little ginger kid grow balls big enough to sport as he ran out alone while Slasher Joe was strolling the halls?

“What in the name of holy hell was that about?” Gavin asked stunned, not being able to take his eyes off the door that Kevin had just bolted out of.

No one answered him for a while because we were all still trying to wrap our heads around it. Little shy Kevin had just run out into those halls on his own.

“The kid doesn’t strike me as the type to be able to deal with a lot. No offence but that was a lot to take.” Frankie said carefully, not wanting to offend Alex in any way. I guess she didn’t want to seem too blunt about what he had just confessed to.

Archie shook his head slowly, his face still stained with tears and his eyes bloodshot. He looked on at the door deep in thought “Or it’s another reason…”

He breathed the words so quietly I barely heard him. I narrowed my eyes at Archie, trying to figure out what he was thinking. I didn’t know what it was, but my gut told me it wasn’t good.

“Should someone go after him?” Jaden pointed at the door, looking between all the people who had use of both of their legs. I think we all knew that by ‘someone’ he didn’t mean himself.

“Probably…” Gavin answered, his eyes still glued to the door.

“What about Miss Vines?” Frankie suddenly asked, and as bad as it may sound I had completely forgotten about our Art teacher.

I guess Alex’s confession was enough to make you forget about the world around you. With something that shocking it really wasn’t surprising.

“He hasn’t let her go. I’m guessing he’s probably going to use her as a pawn for whatever other disgusting game he has in mind next.” Alex answered.

“Unless we get her first.” I suggested “We know where she is. She is down the hall; he couldn’t have gotten that far with her tied to a damn chair. They’ve still got to be there.”

“You want to go on a Rambo rescue mission?” Jaden asked, his brows raised telling me he was not feeling my incredibly ambitious plan.

I however, was “I want to go on a Rambo rescue mission. I am sick and tired of people on our side dying.”

Everyone looked at the ground, I think remembering who we have actually lost tonight. I guess the shock that I was grouping Principal Gregory and Aubree in ‘our side’ also sinking in.

“I’ve had enough of that asshole winning, he’s killed Gregory, the cheerleaders, the hot English teacher and that’s just naming a handful. I’m not letting her die as well.”