Chapter 26- 'I swear my ass started sweating from the mention of it.'

A/N: Thank you so much to Thisisme98 for the cover!! 

--

“It’s him…It’s him…”

I ran a hand through my hair and closed my eyes, inhaling a deep breath as I felt more desperate now than I had all night. I couldn’t watch Alex anymore. I couldn’t watch him break like this anymore.

As soon as melt face disappeared, his screaming and shouting got worse. He kept insisting that the man behind the mask was his tormentor. He was so adamant about the fact that it was Roger there was no talking to him. I think even if we agreed with him he still wouldn’t have heard us because he was back there.

He was back in a world where Roger was alive.

Archie tried to restrain him, tried to pin his arms down and calm down his frantic yelling and eventually it worked. He managed to get him to stop shouting; he even managed to get him to move.

However, not very far. It was such a struggle to get Alex out of the hallway as he couldn’t take his eyes off of the theatre room door that melt face had walked into, we could only make it to the nearest classroom.

We knew it wasn’t safe just staying in the hallway and this was the closest room with a lock, a luxury that we did not have in the hall.

Unfortunately for Jaden and his bullet wounded leg, we did not have the luxury of a sofa in this room.  We all piled into the room, Frankie immediately moved two tables together in order for us to place Jaden on. He sat on it and lifted his leg up, taking very deep breaths to go along with the rainbow of curses that came out as he did.

I locked the door of the classroom, turning and taking in the surroundings finally.

I think apart from Alex and Archie who had other issues to deal with, we all noticed the room that we were in. The English room, the first door on the left as you walk through the front door. The room with the windows to the outside world that we could not escape to.

Mr Cook’s room.

It was quite shocked by the sadness I felt as I looked around. I walked to his desk, running my fingers over the edge as I took in what was on it. A few notepads, clearly not packed away even though school had ended for summer over a month ago. There were pens sprawled over it, a rubix cube that was unsolved and there was a small picture frame.

I leaned my head in to look at the photo. It was him, another man and an elderly woman. They were all sitting on a sofa with Christmas cracker hats on. The woman was very old, maybe in her seventies' or something. The other man looked a little older than Mr Cook, but practically identical. Hot basically.

I found a faint smile turning at my lips as I realised I was having a peek at Mr Cook’s Christmas. I was able to take a glimpse at his family in that photo, who I’m guessing was his mother and brother. He was happy, and he deserved to be. He was a good man and the way he kicked out was not what he deserved.

I didn’t even realise tears had started falling until they hit my neck, and I quickly wiped them away.

“It’s him…It’s him…” Alex’s faint whispering was still echoing around the room and even Archie looked lost on what to do. His brother was now on the floor, his back against the wall as he stared straight ahead. He wasn’t with us right now. I don’t know where he was, but it sure as hell wasn’t somewhere close enough where we could reach him.

Archie ran a hand through his hair looking desperate as he glanced down at his brother. His eyes looked up at me, as if begging for me to help. I think he was asking for me to confirm that it was not Roger.