Chapter 44- 'Hoy crap, I just poked my way to survival.'

A/N:Thank you to FrostyBananacx for the awesome banner!

--

At some point, Archie and I finally fell asleep.

My whole body was tired, and with good reason if his recent performance was anything to go by. As I finally drifted off, I had a smile on my face that as hard as I tried I could not wipe off. I fell asleep with his arm behind my head and with the sound of his faint snoring next to me. As weird as it sounded, it was the most peaceful I had been for a very long time.

My dreams were not nightmares that night. I didn’t dream about cartoon eyes staring at me whilst I slept, I didn’t feel like I was frozen to spot or terrified as I stared into the eyes of the mask that put us through hell. I dreamt of nothing, I just slept.

At some point in the night, I briefly registered Archie getting out of bed to I assume go to the toilet. I was so tired that I didn’t even open my eyes or panic about my parents finding him standing over the toilet. I didn’t even have the energy to laugh as I got an image of him peeing, my mum walking in and Archie just grinning at her and greeting her with a ‘Hey Mrs Jacobs’.

I was still half asleep when I felt a weight return to the other side of the bed, and a smile rose to my face as I realised he was not lying back down. I kept my eyes closed as his body shuffled towards me, my mind already racing at the things he had planned to make sure I woke the hell up.

I finally opened my eyes, my back was to him and I could hear his faint breathing by my ear. For some reason, I felt uncomfortable. It was dark in the room, and he said nothing. The room was silent and when I felt the tips of his fingers run down my arm, my whole body stood up to attention. However, not in the way he had made it stand to attention earlier.

This time, it was like it was standing to attention to warn me.

My breath caught in my throat as I felt his nails graze against my skin, and I instantly felt the fear creep back into my body.

Archie bit his nails to the bone.

I slowly lifted my arm and went to the lampshade by my bed, pressing the button until the dark room finally lit up. As I turned my head, I forgot how to breathe.

“Ready for round two?” Her sadistic smile tattooed her face, her blue eyes having so much hatred and evil in them it terrified me.

In the same moment that my body went to shoot out of bed to escape, Miss Vines grabbed my arm and pulled me back down on the bed. She climbed over me, each of her legs straddling my hips as she blocked off my scream my pressing her hand against my mouth hard.

“Shhh, don’t scream honey.” She whispered, her voice coated in humour. He face was so close to mine, her blonde hair brushing against my face as she continued to muffle my scream with the palm of her hand. My body was thrashing under hers trying to get away, but the woman was surprisingly strong “You had to realise you wouldn’t be rid of me that easily?”

My eyes scrunched together as I again screamed as loud as I could, but I knew that with her hand covering my mouth there was little to no chance anyone heard it. I think at first the fear had paralysed me from making any smart decisions, because finally my hands went up and I tried to bat her off me.

For a few minutes we struggled against each other, but she pressed herself down on me so hard I had no hope of getting her off. All I could do from this position was go for her hair. I didn’t have time to de disappointed in myself for reducing to a bitch move either.

With her free hand she grabbed my wrists and dug her nails so hard into my skin that I screamed in agony, automatically letting go of her hair. She didn’t waste any time after that. She took her hand off my mouth, not caring as my lungs went to work and I made sure everyone in a ten mile radius could hear my screams.