Chapter 22- 'I think I've got Morgan Freeman on here somewhere...'

A/N: Thank you to ambrsia_ for the banner! love it you beaut!

a lot of people are saying i'm dragging this story out and i should have revealed who the killer is by now, but there is a lot i want to build up before the big reveal so yeah i'm going to reveal who it is in my own time. If you are unhappy with that fact, theres a cross in the corner of the screen you can click. For everyone else, hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think!

--

“Maybe it’s got nothing to do with the laptop?” Frankie wondered out loud.

We had been waiting for something to happen for what felt like hours. In reality it was probably about fifteen minutes, but as I’ve said time doesn’t feel real in here anymore.

No one had moved. We had been waiting for what that sick creep referred to as ‘Show Time’ and either Frankie was right and it had nothing to do with the laptop, or this guy was just really bad at time keeping.

“He said that last time when he showed us what he did to Aubree, I don’t know what else it could be.” I answered.

“What are the chances that by ‘Show Time’ he means ‘I’m going to open the doors and let you all go?” Jaden suggested almost desperately, because let’s face it we all knew the answer to that.

“About as slim as that truck you hooked up with on your birthday after you inhaled that entire bottle of Absinthe.” Gavin replied sarcastically, and Archie actually let out a laugh at the memory.

“I still think you guys are lying about that.” Jaden said.

“There’s a video.” Gavin informed him, and Jaden’s head snapped to him so fast I'm surprised he didn’t get whiplash.

“Was she at least a hot fat girl? Like that blonde one off Pitch Perfect?” Jaden pleaded for his friend to tell him something good.

Gavin didn’t even look at him and just kept his eyes on the screen as he shook his head “Nope.”

Jaden groaned and threw his head back on the arm of the sofa, closing his eyes.

“Fucking Absinthe…” Jaden grumbled under his breath, the shame clear in his voice.

I shook my head. How this conversation could be happening while we were waiting for a serial killer to appear on a laptop screen to show us some new sick game he had conjured up is beyond me. It says a lot about the people I hang out with and their priorities. They were almost as bad as Aubree and her white jeans. May she rest in peace.

I almost jumped out of my skin as I felt a hand touch my lower back.

“Whoa, chill out princess I’m not going to kill you.” Archie almost laughed as he saw my reaction.

“Oh sorry for being so over dramatic, I mean no one has tried to kill me tonight have they?” I spat at him sarcastically, glaring directly into his eyes. This made him smile more.

“Okay my bad.” It was almost an apology. Almost “You okay?”

“Peachy.” I snapped, turning my head and looking back at the laptop. I did notice his hand had not removed itself from my lower back. He didn’t say anything for a while before I felt his hand slide to my hip and pull me closer to him.

I turned to look at him, puzzled by his movement. I didn’t miss the fact he was trying to do it slyly so no one would notice. He leaned his head in close to my ear.

“You were right.” He whispered, and I involuntarily shivered. Whether it was from the fact Archie Henderson had just uttered the three words I longed to hear from him, or because of just how close he was I don’t know “I snapped and I shouldn't have.”