CHAPTER TWELVE

Disclaimer: All movies of Jurassic Park are not mine. In some parts if the dialogue looks the same with the movies, well it is. I only own the character of Aella. And some parts of her life. Try to enjoy this. With Love Darelly.  

⇛ 12.0

Everyone was running through the forest, trying to keep up with the Grants. They hadn't even have time to ask what was happening.

"What's a raptor?" Amanda asked Paul but he had no idea.

"They don't look that big. I mean, comparatively" Udesky said.

"If we came across one, we might live" Alan told them.

Relieved for a moment Paul spoke "Well that's good" immediately Aella talked.

"But you never came across just one" the girl said scaring Paul.

"Wait! Where's Billy?" Amanda asked looking around making everyone stop.

"Billy" Alan shouted "Billy."

"I thought we weren't supposed to yell" the blonde whispered.

Out of nowhere Billy came from the left "Here" excited, he started to tell the Grants "I got some great pictures of the nest. You know this proves raptors raised their young in colonies."

Furious with his student Alan just grabbed Aella from her hand and kept moving. There was no time to stand around and argue.

"This speaks to a larger social structure, the possibility of Darwinian altruism. It changes everything" the young man continued "We could co-write a paper."

"Ah yes, the first rule of academics" Aella said sarcastically "Publish or perish."

Much fatigued, the six now walked upward towards a crest. Panting and flushed, they reached the top of the ridge and gazed into the distance. A jungle valley stretched before them. One building alone seemed to cover several acres was there too. The weary group breathed a sigh of relief.

"I bet there's a very good chance Eric's in there. I'd bet my bottom dollar" Paul said hopeful.

Udesky and the Grants shared dubious looks and continued down into the valley. The group emerged from the jungle and entered the compound. They walked through an overgrown parking lot, littered with abandoned vehicles. Some were lying on their side. And the group finally approached the front doors of an enormous building.

"Eric" Paul called no inside of the building "Are you here?"

"Eric" Amanda shouted. All listened for a response. Nothing. Paul and Amanda exchanged a despondent look.

Sitting on the reception counter was an official-looking telephone. Everyone had the same thought, but no one dared, in the end Aella grabbed it. .

"What the hell" she muttered, hearing nothing "Nothing" she told them.

With Alan in the lead, they headed deeper into the building. A couple vending machines stood at the one end of the long hallway covered with vines. Paul noticed them and pulled change from his pocket.

"Let's see. I've got about a dollar seventy-five" he said counting the money "How about you guys?"

Suddenly Billy smashed in the window of one machine with his boot. Picking through the glass, he pulled out some candy bars and chips. He checked the expiration date.

"Thank God for preservatives" he muttered. He tossed the food to the others. Paul now turned to his own vending machine and smashed it with his foot but the glass refused to break.