CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Disclaimer: All movies of Jurassic Park are not mine. In some parts if the dialogue looks the same with the movies, well it is. I only own the character of Aella. And some parts of her life. Try to enjoy this. With Love Darelly.  

⇛ 13.0

Climbing higher in a tree, Aella was just feet above a growing pack of raptors. She scaled one branch, the next, finally reaching a perch that the dinosaurs can't jump to. Looking down the entire pack was now standing still, watching her. In the center, the Alpha Male let out a sort of bark. Responding to the cry, the other raptors called back.

As terrified as she is, she couldn't help but be fascinated by their communication. They were clearly talking about something. Under her breath, Aella was able to mimic its patterns.

"What does that mean?" she asked "What are you saying?"

Of course they couldn't answer. They just kept using the same "phrase." Ready to ditch Billy's camera bag in order to climb higher – she had to hold it by the strap -- Aella found her hand covered with a runny slime. She looked down at the camera bag, and that's the source. It was oozing out the bottom.

She unzipped the bag to find a broken raptor egg inside, the white and green yolk still dripping from the pieces of the shell. There was another intact egg beside it. This was what the raptors were chasing.

Aella cursed under her breath "God damn you, Billy" she sighed "If I ever get out of this alive I will kill you myself" she tested a theory even in the face of danger: she held up the intact egg so that the raptors could see it. They suddenly go crazy, howling the same phrase but louder "It means, "Give us the egg," doesn't it?" she asked "We want the egg."

She gently dropped the bag to the ground. Although the raptors were interested, pulling out the unbroken egg, they were still by no means placated. The song may have changed, but they still wanted Aella dead.

They began to jump at her, eventually, hopping up on each other's backs, Aella's eyes widened at the raptor actions. It was only a matter of time till they reach her. She moved to climb higher, but sees no branches she could reach. And then she heard the low creaking. A crack. The branch she was on was starting to give in.

She looked down at the face of her enemies, knowing she'll be their next meal. And then, a small canister landed at the base of the trees, immediately spraying out a thick cloud of oily fog. It was the first of five canisters that landed in the area, creating a thick cloud. It was not just smoke though something far more caustic.

As it hit the raptors they immediately recoiled, those closest to the canisters shrieked in pain. Tumbling in the dirt, they seemed panicked, disoriented. Pack mentality took over, and after the first ten raptors take off running, so do the rest, some tripping over their feet blindly.

This may be dino-tear gas, but it was not good for humans either. Up in the tree, Aella's eyes immediately burned from the vapor, she squinted to see through the fog, where she spotted a human shape at the edge of the smoke.

"Come on" the voice of the shape said "They'll be back."

Aella half-climbed, half-fell out of the tree, rushing to get through the heaviest of the smoke. A small dirty hand almost the same size at hers, grabbed she's, pulling her along.

Eyes swollen from the gas, Aella stumbled, barely able to see as the other person pulled her along. It was only now when she could identify her rescuer as Eric Kirby, the boy she and her father were brought to rescue.

On the far side of the tipped over vehicle, Eric pulled open a hatch -- his hiding place. The door opened part way. Eric motioned for Aella to follow.