CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Disclaimer: All movies of Jurassic Park are not mine. In some parts if the dialogue looks the same with the movies, well it is. I only own the character of Aella. And some parts of her life. Try to enjoy this. With Love Darelly  

⇛ 17.0

The survivors sat back on the wide beach, one facing each direction, keeping watch. A light rain was falling, but they didn't seem to notice.

Trying to keep his boy's spirit up "You remember when we went fishing last summer?" Paul asked to his son "And I was trying to put the boat in and the trailer sank? And then the tow truck came and tried to pull it out, but it got dragged in? And the truck driver threatened to knock your Dad's lights out? So I said I was the governor and he believed me?"

Eric smiled; remembering that day "Yeah" Amanda was smiling too. She had completely forgotten the incident.

"That was a fun day" Paul breathed.

"We should try fishing again" Amanda added.

Paul looked at her in disbelief "You mean it?"

"I do" she nodded "It's worth another shot. And who knows? Things might turn out differently" her hand took his, gently brushing off the wet sand, fingertips touching "It's a small thing, but it's a start."

Sensing that as a cue to leave, the Grants got up and started to walk down the beach. Eric hurried to follow them. He spoke conspiratorially, not wanting to alarm his parents "The lady you called, how do you know she can help us?" he asked the older Grant.

"She's someone I could always count on" Alan answered "And she's saved me more times than she realizes. I owe her everything" he sighed "It's strikes me now I never told her that" Aella leaned and hugged him by the side.

"You should" Eric replied.

"You're right" he said.

As they kept walking, Aella noticed something rammed against the rocks ahead. It was a speedboat, its hull ripped open from the impact. And it wasn't not just any boat either it was the same Dino-Soar boat that was pulling the parasail. Eric and Alan hadn't seen it yet, so she stopped them.

"Eric, do you know what happened to the boat that brought you here? Why did it crash?" she asked him curious.

"No" he shook his head "I couldn't see."

Alan noticing what his daughter was doing he spoke "Do me a favor. Go back to your parents for a minute, would you?" Eric nodded and headed back to Paul and Amanda. Not waiting for her father, Aella approached the speedboat wreckage; she didn't know what she would find but she need it to look.

Almost reaching his parents, Eric stopped. Looked out over the ocean, where he saw two lights. He didn't say anything for a moment, trying to make sure they were real. His eyes widened realizing they were actually real and they were coming closer "Mom. Dad" he shouted excited.

They looked up to see the distant lights, just now making out full forms... "Helicopters" Paul shouted "Helicopters" Paul, Amanda and Eric waved their arms, making as much motion as possible. The helicopters, big military choppers, changed direction, heading straight for them. Paul and Amanda embraced, then kissed, the moment getting the best of them.

At the speedboat, the Grants looked in, prepared to see anything in the wreckage. But surprisingly it was intact, just a little of blood was there. There were three gashes on the driver's seat back; Aella saw her father measured their spacing with his fingers.

"Dr. Grant, Aella" Eric shouted "Helicopters are coming" Alan looked down to the wet sand around him, finding a trail of three-toed tracks "We're safe."