CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Disclaimer: All movies of Jurassic Park are not mine. In some parts if the dialogue looks the same with the movies, well it is. I only own the character of Aella. And some parts of her life. Try to enjoy this. With Love Darelly  

⇛ 15.0

Eric watched as a looming shape emerged from the fog – a nightmarish vision stalking purposefully forward. A full grown pteranodon, standing over seven feet high, walked upright on clawed feet, his thirty foot wings folded bat-like at his side.

The creature saw Eric and fixed him with a demonic glare. Eric cried out and dashed back down the teetering catwalk. The Pteranodon rushed to its feet, spread its thirty-foot wings and flew directly at him.

Hearing Eric's screams, Paul and Amanda charged onto the catwalk, searching in the fog "Eric" he cried out.

"It won't hold" Billy shouted.

Suddenly, Eric emerged from the fog, racing toward his father. And then a pteranodon swoop out of the fog, opened its giant rear claws, and snatched the terrified boy from the catwalk. Paul and Amanda watched stunned, abject horror as the Pteranodon carried Eric directly overhead.

"ERIC" both shouted.

The flying reptile struggled with the boy's weight. The parents watched helplessly as Eric was carried high across the canyon. Paul with Amanda behind ran back alone the catwalk in a desperate attempt to keep Eric in sight.

Billy stayed behind, moving back up the platform to try to keep the dinosaur in view. With a new idea, he raced back up the stairs to the observation room. He had a way to save Eric.

When he reached the canyon wall, Paul turned a corner and ran along another enclosed catwalk leading deeper into the canyon. Aella and Alan were now pounding down the catwalk trying to catch up with them.

"Paul, Amanda" Alan shouted "Where is he? Can you see him?"

"I'm trying" Paul shouted back "That thing took him down this way."

"Split up" Alan shouted.

The Pteranodon carried Eric deeper into the canyon. The creature's wings beat steadily overhead, and the wind was fierce. Eric looked down and saw the river far below. The Pteranodon swoop over an isolated outcropping of rocks at the end of the canyon and dropped Eric into a large bowl of mud and branches the size of a satellite dish.

Eric landed right on top of a pile of dinosaur bones picked clean. Mixed among was one human skull. Before Eric had time to cry out, he looked up to find six pteranodon hatchlings closing in on him with sharp-edged beaks. He picked up the human skull and whipped it to the hatchlings. They easily ducked it and kept coming.

Aella looked up to see Billy leaning out over the edge of the observation platform. She suddenly realized what Billy was about to do "BILLY" she shouted "WAIT."

Billy shouted back, an excited-terrified grin on his face "I CAN GET HIM."

"NO" she shouted back shaking her head.

"I KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES" he shouted to then jump off the railing and dropped towards the canyon below.

The Grants, Paul and Amanda watched as Billy fell past them like a stone, plummeting towards certain death. But then the parasail chute blossomed above him.

Not only did it slow Billy's descent, but he even managed to catch an updraft and began to rise. He struggled to control the parasail, swooping dangerously close to the canyon wall, barely avoiding it. Up ahead he catches sight of Eric and steered towards him.