CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Disclaimer: All movies of Jurassic Park are not mine. In some parts if the dialogue looks the same with the movies, well it is. I only own the character of Aella. And some parts of her life. Try to enjoy this. With Love Darelly.

 ⇛ 14.0

Morning on Isla Sorna, Aella and Eric started to walk around the forest. Eric pulled something out of his pocket and showed it off to Aella.

"Know what this is?" he asked her.

She took it in her hand "A raptor claw" she answered "I found one once and gave it to my dad" she scoffed "A fossil."

"Mine's new" he said grinning. Aella handed it back.

"How much of this island have you explored?" the younger Grant asked him curious.

"I stayed pretty close to the compound" he answered "Figured if anyone came to look for me, that's where they'd start."

"We need to head for the coast" she told him. Eric looked at her confused.

"Are you sure?" he asked now worried. Aella stopped walking and turned at him.

"Why?" she asked back.

Eric shrugged "Closer you get to the water, the bigger things get."

Suddenly a faint ringing started to sound; Aella and Eric turned to find a sail moving through the low trees. Aella's eyes widened when she recognized it was the back of a Spinosaurus.

Eric and Aella pressed back against a tree, keeping perfectly still as they heard the creature's footsteps reverberating. It was moving behind them, and it was close. They heard the ringing moving from left to right as it passed.

Looking across the clearing, Eric was startled when he saw Paul and Amanda no more than 20 yards away, also hiding. An involuntary reflex, Eric called out "Mom, Dad" he shouted.

Aella immediately covered the boy's mouth. But it was too late. The dinosaur had stop. Paul and Amanda spotted Eric with Aella. They felt a thousand emotions at once: relieved, disbelieving, terrified, overjoyed. They wanted to run to him, to yell out to him, but the monster was close.

Aella took her hand off Eric's mouth. They both stayed completely silent. All this time, the sat-phone was ringing then it stopped. And after an agonizing beat, the beast moved. At first they weren't sure which direction it was headed, but finally they could tell it was moving away.

Once the sail was finally out of sight, Eric broke from Aella's hold and dashed to his parents' arms. They cooped him up. Hugged him, kissed him, their affection unquenchable. He was crying.

"Sweetheart, you're okay" Amanda said more reassuring herself "You're okay" she said in disbelief.

"Never had a doubt" Paul said smiling "Never did. Us Kirby men, we stick around, huh?"

Eric grinned "We do."

Looking at her grubby son, Amanda licked her shirttail, trying to rub his face clean "Honey, there's not enough spit in the world for that" Paul said making her laugh.

On the other side Aella was hugging her father just as strongly as Alan was doing "We need to keep moving" she mumbled against his chest.

"In a minute" he said kissing her head and still hugging his daughter.

When Aella broke the hug her eyes fell on Billy who looked at her with guilt, instantly her eyes went cold "I want to tell you that I'm so sorry about the..." she cut him off by slapping him in the face.