Chapter 6

"Sehun, what are you doing here?" she asked shockingly.

He stuttered and stood up still. What's wrong with him? "Good morning Jieun. Long time no see." He shortly said after giving her a short eye contact.

"You said you'll come visit more often. You didn't even call." She responded with a little of disappointment in her tone.

"Sorry about that..." He looked down to his feet.

"Mr.Kim, these documents need to be surveyed before getting signed." She gave me the papers without even looking at me and was about to head over the door.

"I need to talk to you... privately please." I said.

"May I know why?"

I didn't answer.

"I'll be waiting for you in your office Jieun." Sehun said before leaving the room.

"What do you want?"

"How do you know Sehun?" I asked as I sat down .

"How do you know Sehun?" She answered with the same question.

"Old friend."

"Same goes for me ." She quietly said. She sat down without my permission and crossed her legs. Feisty.

"You've studied together?" I knew she was older than him but I was just testing her.

"No I'm older than him. He's a family friend, that's it . Is this why you want to talk privately, Mr.Kim?"

"No." I handed her a piece of paper, "I need to write a report and you must help me."

"About what?" She raised her eyebrow.

"About you." I sat on the edge on the desk, facing her.

"Why?"

"It's a task. Should I tell you all the details?"

"If you don't mind."

"Write down how you behave around me as your boss, around your colleagues and your supervisor."

"My supervisor? You mean Park Chanyeol?"

I nodded, "He's the one who gave me this task."

"Tell him that this is bullshit. If you will excuse me." She gave me back the blank sheet and was about to leave.

"You can't say bad words about people for whom you work."

"I work for no one, Mr.Kim." She said while she was dangerously close to my face. Oh God, she's scary.

She left my office, left me confused about her, worried about my future in this company. I shouldn't have accepted his report-writing thing . He could've done by himself, he's the supervisor after all ! I got back to my chair and kept tapping on my chin, trying to figure how to protect my position from Han Jieun.

I got busy with the documents and the preparation of the first meeting in the company on Friday and I couldn't get out of my office. I even didn't eat anything the whole day. Han Jieun just popped up on my mind. I'm sure she's still in her office at this late hour. So I decided to go barge on her.

"Hey . Still here?" Without knocking, I entered . I was surprised to see her standing in front of the windows, facing the lights of the country, her hair was falling down her shoulder, her jacket was thrown on the side chair of her desk and a cigarette was held between her fingers. Something I never expected. Every day , I discover a new thing about her.

She looked back to me, threw her cigarette on the ashtray and held her hair back with a bandana. We kept gazing at each other as if fire was lightening up in our eyes. I couldn't stop observing her poker face and she didn't want to give up.