Chapter 16

I was frustrated, angry, confused, dumbfounded and still missing her smile, her touch and specially her kisses. Why was she acting like an asshole when she was supposed to come and hug me the first moment she saw me? Has something happened back in Seattle beside what Soojung told you, Han Jieun?

Morning had come after a really long night with no sleep. Jieun was all over my mind and I couldn't even blink an eye. I was sure she wasn't going to appear into my office the next morning so I decided to go by myself and take her with me to the company.

"It's 7:30 am and you're still in your pajamas." I stated when Jieun opened the door, eyeing me up and down. I was looking at my clock, putting a serious look on my face then dragged myself inside her house without her permission.

"I'm not going." She crossed her hands and talked behind that mask.

"We have an important meeting with a foreign company. You have to be present." I was about to sit on her couch.

"I'm not going." Such a stubborn. I walked up to her, held her wrist and dragged her to her room. I opened the closet and got her usual suit then threw it on the bed.

"Wear this. It suits you."

"I said I'm not going, Jongin." She yelled.

"Why?"

"I'm ... I'm sick." She talked calmly again. I checked her fever but she was fine to me.

"Stop acting childish and get ready. Meeting at 9. I'll be waiting in my car." I took my leaves and closed the door with force to show her that I was serious. She was definitely getting on my nerves and if she wouldn't come out at any moment, I was going to get so mad.

30 minutes later, she came out of her house, wearing a black suit instead of the one I chose for her and still with that mask over her mouth. She's not coughing, so why is that? Maybe, she has some kind of allergy...

We drove to the company. No word was spoken. Such an awkward atmosphere had ruined my whole day. We got to the company. She headed to her office and followed her instead of going to mine.

"What is wrong with you?" I first said when entering the room then closed the door behind me.

"What's wrong with me? I should be asking you this question."

"Look... What did Soojung tell you?" I sighed. I want to know now or never.

"That you're fucking playing with me, Jongin. The scenario that happened between you and her is the same with me."

"And you believed her?" I sarcastically laughed.

"Yes I did because It made sense... Even if I hate her guts and I can't barely say her father's name but Goddamn it It's so true that I ... I sometimes don't want to believe it... Why are you doing this to me?" She looked down.

"You believed her ... You believed what she said ... It took her 4 minutes to tell you that ... What about me? The things that I have been telling you for the past 3 months ... You didn't believe that?" I sadly started talking. It hurts how a person you love changes mind in a short time.

"No one falls for nothing."

"I fell for you. Isn't that enough?"

"No..."

"Jieun... I told you that I love you not your money, not your power, not anything else you own. I only need you." I approached her.

"That's what you said to Soojung... Is that right?"

"Can you stop mentioning that bloody name? Why don't you just follow your heart? Why don't you just open your eyes and see through me? What happened with her is from the past and it's not the same with you. How am I going to make you understand that?" I got angry. Yes, I lost it when I started screaming.