Chapter 7

I was about to barge in and see what was happening between her and the so-called 'Baekhoon' or what else but unfortunately Chanyeol grabbed my arm and didn't let me get outside on the balcony. Who is this this man?

"What are you doing?" I said widening my eyes.

"Don't." He said calmly and took me with him inside of the meeting room, "Never do that. I thought you don't care about her. Let her mind her own business." Chanyeol confessed.

"That's her husband , right?" I asked.

"Yes he is... Stop asking, worrying and even caring."

"I didn't intend to do such things..." I sent my sight away from Chanyeol's gaze. I knew that I wanted to spy on her, to see her husband and I knew that it was a bad idea.

Since that hour I haven't seen Han Jieun and that meant It took me a whole week to struggle with confusing thoughts inside of my head. For a whole week, I was wrecked, I couldn't think well, I kept asking questions without having accurate answers. What happened to you, Jieun?

"Is she sick?" I asked as soon as I entered Chanyeol's office.

"Who?" He asked without looking at me.

"Jieun, of course."

"Do you care?"

"I care... She's my assistant."

"You care because she's Han Jieun." He finally looked at me.

Really? No way, That wasn't me. I don't care about people like her.

"She hates when people stick their noses inside of her private life. So if you want to keep your position in this office, mind if you only care about doing your work."

"If she's sick, she should've called. Too many documents should be reviewed. Besides, you're the one who told me to have a report about Han Jieun and her absence is really misleading her behavior." I huffed. That was the only reason I had on my mind.

"Drop it. We don't have time for that. Jieun is on a critic situation so excuse her for her recklessness." He said calmly as if nothing bothered him.

"She's busy with her divorce, right?"

"Who told you that?"

"She did. I know things."

"She's tired rather than busy. Her personal life is really upside down. She needs time so don't put pressure on her." He eyed me from head to toe, "Mr.Kim?"

"Yes?"

"Focus on your work. She's only your assistant." He sighed, "We have too many meetings with different companies on the upcoming weeks. I will keep my eyes on you."

I rolled my eyes. How possibly can he jump from one subject to another. He was the one who ordered me to observe Jieun's behavior -I liked the idea- then he ordered me to stop seeking for her truth.

And then that became a habit; waking up in the morning, her face haunting me, her voice echoing inside of my head, her posture attracting me. I never knew that I would care. I never knew that the first woman I met the first day was the same woman I was seeing these days. The reason why I went to work was to check up on her, I wanted to be close to her even when she kept pushing me away with her harsh words. The reason why I wanted to be close to her was that I wanted to take care of her, I wanted to become a friend and unfortunately I couldn't.

End of Flashback~

Here I am, after 3 months with a beating-fast heart, shivering bones and a dry mouth. Han Jieun became my weakness while I wanted to be empowered by her. Here I am, stuck in my daydream, hoping she would jump in my office to apologize for what she has done for the past 3 months -no- hoping she would come running to my office to hug me tight and thank me for what happened few days ago. The Jieun on my mind will never be the Jieun in real life.