Chapter 17

Sehun POV:

"Chorong! What are you doing?" I screamed as soon as I saw my daughter climbing the chair in the kitchen to go above the table. I was scared if she could harm herself by losing balance and fall down. I went straight to her and grabbed her down.

"Want cookie." She started whining cutely.

"You could've asked me."

"I said 'daddy daddy' but you not reply." Her lack of language made me cringe so I kissed her nose as soon as she pouted like a puppy.

"I'm sorry baby. Daddy didn't hear you." I held her up in my arms and gave her a cookie. Just one cookie made her smile. She looked like an angel. She looked like her mother.

Every time I look at Chorong, I remember two women : My wife, Chorong and Han Jieun. Jieun was like a mother to Chorong. She used to come here every day after work and sometimes stay the night and I used to watch her sleeping next to Chorong. Her angelic face was unforgettable and It was so wrong to think of her when my wife had just passed away at that.

I always had a thing to Jieun even before my marriage to Chorong. She was irresistible. Her eyes were mesmerizing and especially when she laughs, they become a half-moon-shaped. Her smile was charming that you instantly smile with her. She used to be happy, humble but serious at the same time.How cruel is this life?

The ring of my phone got me out of my thoughts. I put Chorong down and went to answer it. Who's that? The office?

"Hello?"

"Sehun? This is Jongin. Could you please come to my office?" It was Kim Jongin. From his tone, you could tell he was worried.

"I can't, right now. I'm alone with Chorong. Is everything ok?" I asked. I couldn't let Chorong alone at home.

"No ... Jieun ..."

"What happened?"

"Things can't be discussed through the phone, Sehun. Send me your address. I'll come to your house."

"Hm... okay?" Oh wow, that was fast I think.

"Ok." And he hung up the phone.

What is wrong with Jieun? Did she tell him what happened? I think so... I sent my address to Jongin then dialed Jieun's number and waited for her to pick up the phone. I called once, twice, thrice but didn't give up. The 5th time, she finally picked up.

"Sehun ..." she sighed on the other line.

"What's going on, Jieun?" I asked.

"Nothing." Jieun chuckled. Oh well, there's something happened.

"Did you go to your doctor this morning?"

"I had a meeting. Jongin forced me to go with him." She quietly replied.

"Didn't you tell him?"

"Tell him what? You crazy?"

"You have to ... He's worried about you." I confessed. Even though it hurt that the woman I've been falling for, loved another one but I had to push her to tell him the truth just like she did to me.

"Not now."

"Where are you?"

"Home... With Baekhyun..."

"What?"

"Can we talk later? Bye." With no warning she hung up on me. Silence took over. I was confused. Why would she go to Baekhyun at this time?

Half an hour later, there was someone knocking on my front door. It was Jongin. I was sure of that. I went and opened it. Jongin's face was pale. He looked sad and worried at the same time. This is how you look when you fall in love with the wrong person, Jongin.