Chapter One

"Come on, Sockhead!" Eddy yelled loudly, his voice cracked towards the end, his pale childish face blushing lightly. He looked away. Even from the growing distance between us, I could tell he was embarrassed. It isn't his fault he's only starting to hit puberty.

"Slow down, Eddy!" I panted back towards him, unlike me, I didn't have Ed to carry me across the cul-de-sac, but of course, Ed didn't mind being a pack mule. He was the muscle of our group, and while he occasionally had decent ideas, those instances were rare and far between. Mostly alien cryptic comic book scenes that I turn into usable plans. He was taller, broader, with cropped ginger hair and light tan skin. Out of the three of us, he wasn't the brightest crayon in the box.

Ed's the only one that consistently wears a jacket; A thin, olive green, weight resistant one that he always carries around. Underneath, he sports his signature red and white striped shirt and baggy indigo jeans. His mom always bought him duplicates of everything, shirts, and pants. Despite the meticulous way his mother washed his clothes, he always smelled of candy, gravy, and dust.

I was the brain, as Eddy called me. I make everything work, training Eddy's schemes for earning money into a reality. I wasn't as tall as Ed or as muscular. I would fall under the nerdy type as lean and/ slender. My hair was a soft black, but after a not-so-note-worthy incident, I wear a black ski hat with two white stripes down the side, or a sock, as Eddy says. Unlike the semi-dirt cluttered room Ed has, I'd be the first to admit I was mysophobic. My room is labeled and organized, scrubbed, and disinfected; Everything I liked in my environment. I'm proud to say I get perfect grades and am well-respected by my school peers and teachers, well, definitely my teachers.

I'm the only, only child in our three-man group. Ed has a corrupted, not thoroughly understood sister, and Eddy has a jerk of an older brother who, for whatever reason, is his inspiration in life. And unlike Ed and Eddy, I'm a general pacifist. Which I'm sure is the one thing Eddy hates about me, being that it has caused problems for us in the past.
Eddy is the shortest of us all, the youngest. His hair flows in thin brown-black strips along with his head. He usually wears yellow polo shirts with red stripes and blue jeans, a style much like our foreign friend Ralf's.

"Ed, for once, can't you just slow down?" But at that moment, they were gone. It never ceased to surprise me how Ed's odd running could make him so fast, or perhaps it was how much bigger he was in comparison.

"And to think we're beginning high school tomorrow." I sighed and felt my eyes take in my surroundings. Where was I?

We left Ed's house, passed Eddy's, ran through the playground, narrowly avoided the construction site. My breath left me once I realized. I was in the Trailer Park.

Edited: 2/9/2022
Thank you for voting!