Chapter Sixteen

Kevin's Point of View

I won the football game. I wish that would be a reason to be happy, but I wasn't. I wasn't pissed, but I'd be lying if I said the little dweeb didn't get my hopes up when I heard he'd show up. He never went to any of my games, so I'm not that surprised he didn't come to this one.

I looked for the dork in the bleachers, then underneath them with Nate.
Besides the little troll, no one knows about my.. let's say interest in the smarter Edd. He was probably terrified of me. That can be why he didn't show up.

It was my fault.

Nate patted my back when we walked off the field. Everyone was cheering for us, particularly me because I score a few.. who the fuck am I kidding? I scored all of the points. They helped, but mostly stayed out of my way. There also may have been the slightest possibility I was showing off, just a little? I was hoping Double D would notice, which evidently was a waste of time, my time.

"Eddy, my feet hurt.." A slightly familiar voice called. I turned my head to find Eddy and Ed. I looked around them, but there wasn't any sign of the genius.

"Can it! I'm too pissed to help you." He nearly growled with anger. He mumbled something under his breath, while he wrote.. or maybe drew something in a brown journal. My guess? Another stupid ass scheme that'll fail.

Ed whimpered, but carried on with the big load. I paused before making up my mind. Eddy never scared me, but the boy had a big mouth. That got him punched, and me lectured at my adults, but there wasn't any adults around now.

"Hey Dork?!" I called towards them. Ed waved at me like the idiot he was, while Eddy didn't even acknowledge it.

"Hia Kevin!" The muscular Ed said, sounding excited. Yep, an idiot. I guess two smart Ed's would be worse though and while he was strong he still wasn't stronger than me.

"Dork, where's Double D?" I asked Eddy as Nate tried pulling me back. I don't know why he did, I wasn't mad.

Eddy glared at me, I would be melting right now if looks could kill, but they couldn't. So he can fuck off.

"Well?" I waited for him to tell me.

"He doesn't matter to you, so shut the fuck up and get out of my life and my business." Usually, I can let that slid, but with my friends starting to crowd around, I couldn't. I can't be weak. If I ignored that now and they found out I was gay, I'd be a laughingstock. A freak.

I forcibly glared at Ed, telling the tall boy not to do anything. He didn't understand, but seemed to follow a butterfly around the field, carrying the load with him.

Eddy wasn't looking at me, but I pulled my fist back. The kid didn't see it coming before I punched him in the eye. I gotta admit, I didn't mean to hit him there. I was aiming for his cheek.

My friends laughed as the boy fell on his back. I could actually hear the landing and it sounded.. painful.

Usually, I could hurt someone without a problem, but knowing he's Edd's friend fucked me up. Everything's fucked up.

I noticed the book he held. It didn't land on the ground, but curiosity got the better of me and I took it from his hand.

He was disoriented, he never could take a punch. I opened the stupid book-journal-notebook thing and my eyes narrowed.

For the most part they were blueprints. They had calculations and plans for each schematic. I remembered hearing them complain that Double D wasn't around to help them much with their 'plans', but I didn't expect for Eddy to be the one to take over Edd's job. I guess now that I think about it, Ed's too stupid to do it.

That, wasn't the thing that caught my eye. It was the words that he wrote about Nazz. I actually hoped the kid moved on from his crush with my best friend since Middle School. Apparently not. I slid the thing in my jacket and started walking away with my friends.

I'll teach Eddy to mess with me.

It was only until I left the parking lot that I realized I never found out where Double D was.