Chapter Seventeen

"I apologize Eddy, but I can't understand you. You're acting belligerent." More screaming resonated in the phone. My mother grabbed it, a frown lining her face.

"Eddy?" She prompted through the device.

Silence.

"Sorry Edd couldn't come to the game, we're spending family time together. We'd love for you to join us, with Ed. You've always been like a son to me." I watched my mother smile.

Eddy replied, though it was muffled, making it certain I couldn't understand it.

"I see. Don't get arrested." She joked, half serious. Eddy has come close several times, so she was concerned.

After a moment, she hung up. She winked at me then walked from the room. Her dark hair waved after, rocking with each movement. She looked elegant. I couldn't understand my intentions, but I grabbed the house phone and tried remembering Kevin's number. I couldn't. Did he ever tell me? I don't remember.

A soft groan escaped my lips when there was a knock on the door. My dad popped his head in. "Everything okay?" My parents were always worried, they hovered for a few years before stopping completely, they realized their hovering only encouraged my meticulous behavior.

"No.. do you know Kevin's number?" His eyebrows raised.

"Any reason?" He prompted, a confused expression covering his face.

"I promised to go to the game and he was expecting me." It was half true. I promised Nate, but I can only assume that included Kevin. Maybe I didn't even need to call. He'd probably be upset I assumed he was weak, or think I thought him obsessed. My look of concern was replaced with anxiety.

"Eddward?" He pushed open the door. "Is Kevin your boyfriend?" My father smirked. I never had a preference between males and females. Of course women are typically prettier and more intelligent, Kevin was.. something else entirely. My parents never had a problem, given I've never been in a real relationship.

"No.. he's just a classmate." I gave him a pleading look to drop the conversation. He didn't.

"I distinctly remember him beating Eddy and Ed up when you were younger." He looked contemplatively at the ceiling. "He always avoided you unless his friends were around."

"What does that mean?" I hated not knowing anything, but my father knew something I didn't. Which is obvious given his experience, but I wanted to know.

"I think.. and I might be rusty with flirting and relationships since I've been in the same wonderful one since before you were born.. but I think Kevin might have had a crush on you." My eyes met his. "I'm not saying he does now, but he might have when you were younger." He rephrased, with a smile at his revelation.

"How do you know he's even gay?" I sounded irritated and I was.

"I don't."

I scoffed, pressing my hands against my flushed cheeks. I didn't like any of these sensations that ran through my skin.

"Eddward?" I lifted my eyes to meet his.

"Even if he doesn't, you still have us and your friends." And for once, I actually felt comforted.

Thank you everyone that commented and voted on any of my chapters! Sorry this is a short one, writers block. I'll have a longer one in a few days (hopefully tomorrow to make up for it)