Chapter Twelve

When I arrived at my home I finally realized what the boys name was. It was Nate. The name was so simple I was surprised at myself for forgetting.
I locked the door behind myself and carefully placed my bag on the table. I didn't want to start on my homework, but I did anyways. I worked through each problem and checked my work as thoroughly as I could. I jumped when the doorbell rang.

I slowly stood up from the seat and began trudging over. My head hurt, strangely enough and the now apparent knocking made my senses sting.

I opened the door and it was Nazz. She didn't give me a chance to question anything before she walked into my home and closed the door behind herself.
Nazz and I were decent friends. Not nearly as close as Eddy or Ed and she was closer to Kevin, but we were fine. I was surprised by the glare on her face.

"What did you do to Kevin?" She crossed her arms under her chest, making her breasts raise ever so slightly. She unconsciously did that when she wanted something from a guy. She didn't mean anything of it and of course it couldn't work on me.

"I apologize, but I don't know what you're talking about." She sighed an exaggerated breath, and jumped onto my couch, much like Eddy does.

"I guess The Jock is just majorly pissy, sorry dude." She sighed, using The Jock as his title. I remember when they tried having a relationship, Kevin and Nazz. Kevin cheated on her and Nazz broke up with him.

It was strange that they were still so close, the only thing that started arguments between them, was the past.

Since then, Nazz started calling me more. Not as often as Eddy, perhaps every few months in comparison, only when she couldn't talk to Kevin.

"He's just so irritating." She grabbed a pillow on my couch and pressed it against her face. I knew what she meant, but didn't respond to be considerate. I half expected her to continue, but she didn't.

"May I wonder why you asked?" I said aloud after a few minutes of her sulking.

"The dick, yelled at me." I didn't appreciate her language, but made no move to correct her.

"I asked if he was interested in anybody and he yelled at me." She said against the fabric of the pillow. Her words were less audible as she raised her voice, oddly enough.

She finally looked up and I could see the makeup running down her face. It wasn't heavy and almost unnoticeable had it not been moving past her cheekbones. My thoughts didn't immediately go to her, but the pillow she had pressed her face against. It was the last gift I received from my mother and it was stained. I didn't blame her, though I wish it were under different circumstances.

When I didn't answer she continued, "What did I do wrong? I can't lose another friend." Her eyes were wide, making her look like the Nazz I had grown up with.

I scrunched up my nose in thought and I could hear her laugh.

"You look weird when you do that." My eyes met hers again, mostly in confusion. "Kinda cute." She smiled, her eyes slightly red.

I gave her a long contemplative look before continuing with my last train of thought.

"If you don't know what you did and you're certain that you couldn't have said anything before or after, it might not be you. Kevin can tend to be moody when it relates to specific subjects." I answered, sitting back down to continue my schoolwork.

"Do you really think-" She abruptly shook her head. "Why would he act like that?"

I shrugged, finding it funny that she expected me to know everything. "Only Kevin knows."

I wondered just how true that was.