Chapter Seven

Eddwards Point of View

"I apologize but I have homework due tomorrow." I waved to Eddy. He frowned, clearly not accepting my goodbye as an option.

"Then we'll brainstorm while you work. You can multitask." His short body walked past mine and into my home. His dirt covered shoes made small indiscernible clumps of mud as he moved.

"That's not humanly possible Eddy." I protested, half heartedly. Once Eddy made up his mind about something there was no changing it.

I closed the door behind us and turned on the hallway light.

He just moved in the darkness, the rooms were illuminated dimly with the outside sun. He's been over so many times, along with Ed, that they knew their way around by heart. It wasn't like me to rearrange furniture.

He tossed his backpack onto the floor and jumped sideways on my couch. His feet dangled over the armrest and swung as I organized my backpack.

"I was thinking something simple for once." He began.

I decided against ignoring him and actually made eye contact. It would either be stupid, painful or laughable. So this should be interesting.

"We could sell hats and school shirts during the next football game." He told me. I struggled to keep the surprise out of my face.

That was actually a very nice plan.

I smiled, Eddy was full of surprises.

"I can help you with that, but I would like to be a consultant when listing prices." Eddy nodded leaning back in the seat. His posture was so awkward I was surprised how comfortable he seemed. His thin hair waved.

After clearing out my backpack I laid out my binders and notebooks, copying down the detached vocabulary words, ready to pair them with their definitions. 

"I still don't think what happened with you and Kevin was anger." Eddy murmured, half to himself. He continued before I could say anything. I put down my pencil.

"If you and Kevin are hanging out you shouldn't lie to me about it. You can have other friends." Eddy scoffed then glanced at me. I nodded and smiled at his concern.

"I'd tell you if we were but we rarely speak, you shouldn't worry." I continued my long list of vocabulary words as the door bell rang.

"I wonder who that could be." I mumbled, standing up from my seat.

"It might be Ed. Sarah's staying after school, she joined wrestling apparently." Eddy rambled, rolling his eyes.

I took a deep breath then opened the front door. I almost shook at the sight.

It was Kevin. A sweaty, pink-cheeked Kevin.
"Saluta-" Kevin raised his hand cutting me off. His breathing was heavy, I wondered how long he had been running to be that winded.

His hair looked darker, almost bronze in the sun. His smile was heart warming.

"I ran over here," Kevins deep voice echoed my thoughts. He took a deep breath, it brushed over my cheeks and I could feel a light flush wash over my face. "I need to talk to you. Has Nate been here?"

I was confused by his question, Nate didnt know my address. We had just met. Kevin seemed to sense this and shook his head.

"Can I have some water?" He bent down, placing his hands onto his knees. He slowly exhaled, his chest moved slowly with the movement.

Kevin glanced up, waiting for an answer. "Um, yes. Come in." He smiled again. His eyes fleetingly moved over my appearance and I shifted, awkwardly letting him through.

His pale green eyes looked along the walls and bookshelves, and soon found the kitchen, which, lucky for him, was clearly within view to the left.

"Who was at the door?" Eddy called. My body jumped, visibly, at the sound. I honestly forgot he was here.

Kevin's eyes brows raised but he stayed silent.
"Kevin." I didn't need to elaborate for Eddy to know exactly who I was speaking about.

A small sigh escaped the gingers mouth. We walked into the kitchen together, he leaned against the counter and watched me, while I opened the high cabinet.

I stretched, my fingertips brushed against the glass which inconveniently was just out of reach.

Kevin chuckled but didn't move.

Groaning I repeated the movement, biting my lower lip. When I finally gave up I felt warm skin behind me, and by behind I mean pressed softly up against me.

My skin almost burned where he touched me.
"For an older kid you're pretty short." Kevin mumbled. His hand brushed over my own and cleanly grabbed the clear glass cup.

"Interesting friend you got here Sockhead." I heard Eddy's voice as he walked away from the hallway and towards the front door.

I slipped out of Kevins grasp but Eddy was already gone.