Chapter Thirteen

Kevin's Point of View

The school day had gone by normally or as normal as usual I guess. The kids weren't that annoying and my teachers didn't even make an attempt to look my way. I don't blame them, I mean.. I don't exactly do my work often enough for recognition.

"I can't believe I convinced D to join us." Nate said, mostly to himself. There was a smirk on his face and an almost dazed look. Fuck him.

"Well, I am the Quarterback after all." I brought up, sounding full of myself, even to my own ears. I don't care, I mean.. I've been trying to get his attention for nearly a year. The little bisexual wasn't going to ruin my chances.

Two years ago I was like Eddy. Homophobic as I was brought up to be, people don't hate other people without a reason and that reason's my dad.

He was a football player and was brought up the old fashion way. Married a pretty blonde, then they had me. I was a prized son. I don't exactly like Football, but I'm good at it, so why the hell not?

He'd be so ashamed of me if he knew I was trying to get in the heart and pants of the boy I bullied.

Nate quirked an eyebrow at me as I zoned out, but I rolled my eyes. "First Edd and now me. Does your staring hold no bounds?" The boy blushed. He was cute, but not quite. I never found people with dyed hair hot. Nazz wasn't any different, even though she has a pretty face and her hair was blonde,  it just wasn't as intense as people assumed. I mean.. that shit could be golden for fucks sake.

I could ignore that, but her and I just never... clicked. At least not in any way I would have liked.

I wondered if Edd knew about my cheating. I wondered just how close him and Nazz were..

"-ight as well stay with him through the game. Since you seem to ya' know, not care?" Nate continued, I didn't notice him talking until the end of his question. His words were moving in and out of my attention.

"I hope you're not serious." I glared, he wasn't scared or even worried by my intense look.

"I did invite him." Nate smirked.

"That doesn't mean shit in my eyes." Which only made his smile widen.

"Can I borrow your phone?" He wondered, changing the subject. I extended my phone then looked back up at the ceiling. We were at my house. Nate called, wanting to know about the after school football schedule, then convinced me that he just needed to come over.

He did, but turns out the little fucker just wanted to talk about Double D. The lean, baby faced boy I was trying to forget about.

"Hey Nazz.. yeah it's Nate.. No we're just hanging out.. No not like that.." I raised by eyes at his words. "Nah, Kevin isn't my type. He's into 'Double D'." He quoted around his name before I snatched the phone from his hand.

"Shut the fuck up Nate. I don't like him. He fucking gets on my nerves." I didn't realize I was holding up the phone to my ear until I heard Nazz's sweet familiar voice.

"Why does he get on your nerves?" I took a breath.

Nate was smirking as I spoke audibly into the phone. "He just pissed me off. It's hard to explain." The boy didn't, but every emotion I was feeling for him, did in fact piss me off. It would be easier to approach him if he was a girl. But he wasn't and I liked him more and less for that reason.

"Do you think there's a possibility that you could like him?" She asked, I could imagine her twisting the phone wire against her finger, it was a habit she had. I knew why she was asking. After she left me I cleaned up. Stopped seeing random girls. She helped me figure out why I never wanted to be with any girl in the first place. She was trying to dig and that completely pissed me off to no end.

"Why the fuck do you care? No matter what you say I'll never want you back. We broke up, get over it." I let out before I could even breathe. I never used to be mean to her, but I oddly enough.. didn't want her to tell anyone I was gay. I was still having trouble understanding it myself and considering everyone knowing made me want to hit something.

I could have just lied to her. My conscious told me when I heard a slight whimper on the other end, followed by a fuck you and the line disconnecting.

Nate had his eyebrows raised as he took a sip of my water. "That was harsh." He mumbled, apparently pretty boy wasn't used to my temper.

I just had to wait for Friday. The only person who helped me feel at ease, was Eddward.