Chapter Fourteen

The proceeding morning I woke up rather ruffled. My forehead was warm, but strangely enough I was cold. I had a few minutes before I was scheduled to get up and dress, but I lifted myself anyways.

My clothes didn't feel right and my home seemed less welcoming than ever.

I sighed and served myself cereal, I never understood having milk. It came from another animal entirely and there weren't any recognizable health benefits. You're suppose to get your daily calcium intake from herbs. Nonetheless, on habit, I poured it in a bowl. I ate steadily and dazed off.

My thoughts wandered to Nazz's words. She had cried into the cushion, distressed as ever. I was upset with myself. Why didn't I feel bad for her? Perhaps I was growing less tolerant, that would definitely not be good.

There was a knock on my door, so I lowered the bowl and stumbled over. My walking was off, though only slightly, enough for me to notice and feel uncomfortable.

I considered why the bell hadn't rung, but pushed the thought away as I opened the door.

"Salutations Eddy." I smiled, not as enthusiastically as I had hoped too. His words caught off as he got a decent look at my face.

"You look like pure unadulterated shi-"

"Please refrain from using such vocabulary in my presence, though I commend you for using the term unadulterated, though I'm not entirely certain it's in the right context." I quickly said, giving him room to walk inside.

"You do." He tried again, stepping in with his hands in his pockets.

The door closed behind him and it seemed ominous somehow. Something was off.

My eyes went up to his face and I realized he was talking, though I couldn't understand what was being said. I forced myself to focus on his words, but by the time I did he was already finished, excepting a reply.

He stared and I blinked. "Pardon?"
He rolled his eyes, reminding me of Kevin. They were very much alike. I never considered the endless similarities before that moment. They contrasted very different though, their appe-

"Listen!" He snapped, making me jump at the sudden noise. He laughed a bit, derailing my annoyance that never came.

"I got the shirts and hats to sell and already asked a teacher for 'permission' to sell." He air quoted those words, making me realize he did it for me. I would have been bothered had he not.

"Thank you." I forgot he asked me to help him with the next football game. Why did I keep forgetting things?

"I'm hoping you already got a price." He actually walked to the couch, sitting for once. That was immediately brought to my attention. I didn't do it... I forgot.

"I don't, but we can work on that together." His eyes narrowed.

"You keep missing things.. that isn't like you." He pointed out, rightfully so.

"I'm fine."

"You did fall pretty hard.." He trailed off thinking to himself.

"I'm. Fine." He ignored me, changing the topic back to the price.

I usually wait longer to post, but here's an early chapter!