Chapter Twenty One

Kevin's point of view

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." I couldn't stop. My verbal rampage was in full swing. What is wrong with me?

"Calm the hell down." Nate leaned against the table, taking a swig of water. Was that my water bottle? He tossed me my bag, my reflexes let me catch it easily. "It's not like he tried avoiding sitting next to you." He was right. He also didn't know I held the kids hand. Who does that?! It's not the 6th grade!

I had to admit, my head was hurting from my 'inner hatred'. "Why're you helping me?" I finally asked, the lunch room was empty, the kids already left to get to class.

"I think I'd rather play the fairy godmother than a home wrecker." Damn he's a dumbass, but I was beyond thankful.

"What about Nazz?" I offered. It was kind of messed up, me selling out my friend at a moments notice for him.

He shook his head, his green hair bounced with the movement. "Eddy likes her." I wasn't sure what that had to do with anything, but whatever. "I have an idea." The kids eyes lit up like it was freaking Christmas.

I remember when I was smaller and all of the kids celebrated Christmas together. Not together. But together. After Edd's parents left, he stopped celebrating. Kids actually started saying they died. I didn't believe them, cause I heard my parents talk about their big trip, I guess I didn't think of the impact until now.

"What's the plan?" The bell rang. We were late, but I didn't care.

"Tell your parents that you're getting behind in school. Complain to them. Tell them Nazz, Ralf, Johnny, Eddy.." He trailed off, counting each name on his fingers. "Am I missing anyone?" He asked.

He was only naming my closer friends and one acquaintance, people I grew up with that they knew. I shrugged.

"Tell them that they're busy and you asked them already. Then say you don't know who'll tutor you, they'll probably offer D. When he does, swoop in for the kill." I watched as he made dramatic hand gestures with his words. His nickname for Edd was beyond annoying. Was that how Double D felt about Dork? Probably. Either way he's such a flamboyant guy, how have the jocks not figured it out. Maybe Eddy was right about how smart they are.

I considered his plan. I was already going to ask the kid to come to our next game. I wasn't sure what or how I would so people wouldn't question it, but I was gonna come up with something.

I didn't answer him, but I started walking to my class. I couldn't remember if I had it with Edd or not, but with my luck I did. "And if they offer someone else?" I eventually wondered.

Nate shrugged. "Say you don't hang out with that clique. Aren't they major homophobics?" He met them once and he already got that impression? He wasn't wrong, but damn.

"Yeah." I didn't deny it. There wasn't a point too. I never told Nate how I figured out I liked Eddward and I wasn't planning on it. I haven't even told him my 'gay' story. I'm not gay, just saying.

Nate smirked and shook his head. "Mine aren't." He said, pridefully. I wanted to punch him in his cocky face, only problem is he'd hit me back and I'm not in the mood for kicking someone's ass that won't go down without a fight.

Nate and I walked wordlessly towards our next class after that. It wasn't awkward, actually it was a comfortable silence. I reached for the class door when I paused.

"If you don't like him, then why did you go out of your way to touch him?" Something didn't quite add up. Was this part of his plan? His smirk gave nothing away.

"Because he likes it." Was all Nate said. Home wrecker my ass. I knew that wasn't the word to describe it, at all, but it seemed fitting. He grabbed the door handle and swung it open; with a sincerely apologetic glance at the teacher, who continued to lecture despite us walking in, we took seats in the back.

We sat besides each other, he could have just whispered to me like any normal person, but this idiot had to throw a note in my direction.

you never told me how you liked my plan ;)
that ass will be yours, yea know, unless you utterly fuck up. just saying, don't ruin this. I'm having fun

The teacher didn't seem to notice so I wrote back. My handwriting was worse than his, but not by much. He had an almost feminine print.

I liked it, alright? Idk I guess I was just hoping to actually tell him how I feel.

After reading it Nate shook his head. 'That's stupid.' He mouthed. I didn't see what was stupid about it, but whatever. I glanced at Nate, he had another sheet of paper on his desk, he was writing something separately. He handed me back the note, but continued on the other.

you can do that. but what happens if he actually doesn't like you? I'm not saying he doesn't, just get real

I can work with that. The teacher began walking down our aisle before Nate snatched the paper from my hands, he easy tucked it away in his jacket, the other clear on his desk.

"Hand it over Nathan. I hope what you were passing notes about was important enough to disturb my teaching." Nate smiled as she reached over on her own accord, grabbing the sheet from on top of the desk. She swiftly began to read the words before a faint blush spread across her cheeks. She shook her head in annoyance, but walked back to the front of the classroom.

"What did it say?" I asked him once the coast was clear.

"It was a confession of my undying love for her." Nate smirked at me. I would call him a dumbass, but it was actually a decent move.