Chapter Ten

The days that passed were uneventful. Kevin and I hadn't spoken about anything, nor had we made eye contact. Did it make me wonder and burn with what could have happened between us? It did. That wasn't healthy.

After a week, I decided it was time to emotionally get over him, which wouldn't be a very easy task.

I walked down the hallway now. My bag held onto my shoulder and I buttoned up the fabric of my sweater. The bell wouldnt ring for several minutes and I was in no physical rush. The still new kid seemed to watch me as I sauntered. He was standing in a group with Kevin, who didn't seem to realize I was inadvertently approaching.

I looked away immediately as the ginger haired boy turned in my direction. He couldn't be looking at me. Why would I matter at all to him? I kept my head down as I passed by them.

A few members of the group mocked my well dressed appearance, but I otherwise didn't get much of a reaction. The boy, whose name I already forgot, walked up to me. I should know his name, but when he told me in class I was too preoccupied with Kevin to fully digest it. I hoped it would be casually brought up again to avoid me the embarrassment I felt.

He smirked at Kevin as he caught up to my stride. "You're Edd right?" He wondered innocently. I heard a faint mumble of profanity from Kevin, but it was safe to assume it was because of the other athletes.

I nodded, smiling at him. He seemed nice, very direct, but nice nonetheless. He reached towards me and grabbed my bag. I was about to argue, with clear distain when others touch my belongings, but he shook his head, closing the matter entirely.

"I hear you and Kevin are friends." It escaped his mouth as a statement rather than a question. I was quiet, not sure how to reply, but he easily continued.

"You guys close?" He smirked at my possibly pink face. It was either pink or a little too pale, and judging from the boys cute smirk, I guessed on the former than the latter.

"No, we don't get along well." I was honest. We didn't get along. In fact, we were near polar opposites. Eddy and I had more in common, but the problem was I didn't want to be with Eddy. I immediately burned the thought from my head, focusing on the conversation.

"That's a... shame." I wasn't sure if he was trying to mock my vocabulary, but I didn't question him. "Would you mind if we hung out during the next Football game?" His smirk was back.

I was about to shake my head no, until he handed me back my bag. We already walked outside and into the next building. I've been walking in the wrong direction the entire time! The boy looked around for a brief moment and leaned in close to me. I wouldn't dare think he would kiss me, but his lips brushed my ear. "I know your secret D." He laughed at my now burning face as he turned away.

I wasn't sure why he shortened my already short nickname or what drew my attention, but when I looked up a familiar pair of eyes captured mine. They were welcoming despite the cold glare directed at me.

I wasn't sure what caused Kevin to get mad at me, but I wasn't going to ask. The bell rang, signaling 6 minutes to move towards my next class. If I went now I could make it. I had a choice to make: Kevin, who didn't seem to move an inch in any direction but look directly at me or my class. Against every logical and emotional thought, I walked towards the adjacent building towards my studies.

Glaringly short, but I wanted to update with something tonight!
Comment, Follow and Vote!