Chapter 31

"Why?"

"They were annoying?"

"Why?"

"They were pesky."

"Why?!" He growls louder.

Luca, obviously, is losing his patience. We've been on this for about ten minutes and all I've been doing is bullshitting around.

They decided to cage me on this stupid force field, so I decided to annoy the shit out of them.

Their knowledge and experience with using affinity has me on the losing side. That made me so angry and frustrated.

Look at me, caged like a pathetic little mouse.

I need to change my strategy. I need to use my brain.

Get the fuck out of this cage is currently what my brain's constantly saying 'though.

"Come on, just let me out. It was the witch, not me."

It's true. It was Dashia who casted the spell on that pack for bloodlust. But, of course, I was the one who ordered Dashia to do that. But then again, they don't need to know that if I want to get out of this cage.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me the truth!" He snarls.

'Alpha' is losing his nuts.

Good.

I look at him straight in his eyes. "It was the witch. Not me."

His jaw clenches. He knows I'm saying the 'truth'.

Euan's the problem. Luca's pretty easy to distract and infuriate. However, Euan is more composed and level-headed when it comes to everything.

"Where is the witch then?" Luca pinches the bridge of his nose.

Shit.

I can't lie obviously. They'll know if I do.

Think.

"Dead." Everything I say should be the truth. "She and Jordan fought. Jordan killed her. I don't know what happened with Jordan. I ran as soon as I felt you. Trey chased me."

"Why did you attack us? And why are you being uncooperative?"

I need to outwit them.

"The witch casted a spell on me too. Made me follow their orders."

Note the past tense, babe. It was true.

"Something's not right." Euan is trying to read me.

"Just remove this... please." I do my best to act cutesy - with the puppy eyes effect - which is, by the way, really pathetic.

"Just tell us the truth. Everything." Euan answers with a straight face. "You sure are not lying. But you are not being completely honest either. You are currently not under any kind of bewitchment."

I knew it! He's too good.

"Know what? Go fuck yourselves!" I groan.

Euan sighs, clenching his fists, while Luca growls, slamming his fist down on the ground.

"Why are you being so bloody difficult?!" Luca growls. "We only want to know the truth so we can understand you!" His eyes are flashing gold.

Understand me?

By rejecting me?

"Do you even know what you have done?! What this would cause?! The consequences you need to face?!"