Chapter 16

After the heated meeting from this morning, my family decided to have a family lunch in our humble abode. They can get clingy sometimes. And after knowing that they're baby girl went through a lot, they want to go from overprotective to super duper, mega overprotective.

"I still can't believe he did all that!" Brent snorts.

Yes, he still can't get over it.

"Bro, the guy's mental. I'm just happy I got saved from Satan's hold." I give them a lopsided smile.

"I don't think I can respect him again." Brent grunts. "Now how can I see him as my Alpha?" He fists on his hair. Amanda kisses his shoulder, making him calm down.

"Well, yes. That would be difficult for us too." Dad huffs.

"Guys, you really can't blame the guy. It was like the ignorant kid, me, performed some advanced medical treatment on a depressed patient and so he came out like some Frankenstein who's hopelessly devoted to me. It took the very core of his being and replaced it with something that is completely opposite of who and what he truly is. It could be like there's a weird spell on his mind that says I belong to him as he belongs to me. It took over his mind. He believes anything it says. He does what it tells him, no matter how extreme or absurd it is. It was creepy enough how he said the words 'no matter what, no matter how'." I have goosebumps just by remembering it.

"Madness will push you anywhere it wants. There are no directions nor reasons. Nothing matters. It simply persuades you with a desire to obsess with. I just happened to be his 'precious'." I sigh. "Oh shit, he's like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings!"

"Anyway, so have a little consideration for the poor guy. Plus, sometimes only a little of him was crazy, sometimes nearly all of him, although he was never entirely not crazy. But pretty much of the time, he worshipped me like a queen."

"Well, we are giving him a big consideration, sweetheart. We even agreed that he should be helped." Mom sighs. "If it were up to me, I would have killed him if I knew - the first time he had hurt you."

"Let it go. Let it go. Can't hold it back anymore. Let it go. Let it go! Turn away and slam the door!" I start singing 'Let It Go' from the animated movie 'Frozen' before the drama gets even heavier.

Brent rolls his eyes at me. "I can't believe you." He sighs then smiles at me. "You're too strong, baby sis."

"Got it from yah, supa bro." I wink at him.

"Not from me?" Dad pouts playfully.

"Dad! You're too old to pull that trick!" I stick my tongue out on him.

"Bea Mireille Wood! I am not 'too old'!" He crosses his arms over his chest and snorts.

Dea, my family is truly wonderful.

We all laugh. All including Euan, Luca, Anton and William.

Yes, they're with us. The clingy twins refuse to let me go out of their sight. They are sitting right next to me – Euan on my left and Luca at my right.

It's a good thing that we have a huge dining table since the families of the Alpha and Gamma sometimes visit us and we have those families' bonding type of meals together.

"You have a lovely singing voice, love." Luca smiles at me and I blush.

"Shut up." I mumble which only makes him chuckle.

"No flirting on the table." Dad snaps, glaring at Luca. "So, Luca and Euan, tell us more about yourselves."

Oh, so now, we come to the part of the seemingly mandatory father-to-suitor interrogation.