Chapter 7

I continue eating the dinner served, wondering where Trey went. He excused his self from the table about twenty minutes ago and still hasn't come back. Well, anyway, being the birthday boy, it's understandable that he has to attend to all the guests.

Trey finally turned twenty-one. Meaning, starting from tomorrow, he'll be probationary Alpha. I am very happy for him, knowing he'll do a great job.

For the past four months, Trey had won me over and over again. He doubled his efforts in expressing his 'undying love', as he always said, for me. I could still remember how hard he cried, when I told him I forgave him.

I knocked on Trey's bedroom door, nervous.

It had been two weeks since he left the box with me. Two weeks that he avoided me, most probably for my sake. He ate his meals in his room and rarely went out of there, unless he was needed for pack business. Whenever we would meet – since we lived in the same house, of course it was inevitable – I would see him glance at me. Whenever our eyes would meet, I could see negative emotions swirling in them before he would turn to look away. He looked paler, duller, and more disheveled as the days had passed.

The door opened, revealing Trey, who looked like a sick and lost puppy. My heart ached, seeing him. He was looking at the floor, his jaw clenched with fear... and anger?

"Can I come in?" I whispered.

He visibly tensed. He looked at me, his eyeballs ready to pop out. "A-are y-you s-s-sure?" He stuttered. His voice sounded so broken.

I nodded my head and he let me in. I sat on the chair at his study area while he stood about three meters away from me. I actually appreciate his thoughtfulness with the distance.

I took a deep breath then locked my eyes with Trey's.

"I forgive you, Trey."

Trey fell on his knees, shaking his head. He kept on muttering inaudible words and shaking his head. He buried his face in his hands and started shaking lightly.

I stood up. Trey sensing my action, shoot his head up and looked at me. His eyes were filled with still unshed tears. I walked towards him slowly, his eyes widening as I came closer. When I was in front of him, I hesitantly placed my hand on his cheek.

"Trey, I forgive you."

"Really?" He whispered in a shaky breath.

"Yes." I gave him a small smile.

He suddenly hugged my legs as if his life depended on them. I was shocked and, for a moment, I felt fear. But my fear was washed away by his loud crying. He was shaking and sobbing, drenching my sweat pants with tears.

I had never seen a grown man cry as such. He was bawling his eyes out as if he was a child who just lost everything.

I forgave him because I didn't want that single experience to cloud my memory of all the happy ones we've shared. I forgave him because I love him enough to see past my pain and try to understand why he had done it. What he had done is definitely unforgivable, that will never change. But what he had done does not define him. I forgave him because I was strong enough to give him another chance, and as well as to give myself another chance to see the better things in life. I forgave him because I wanted to move on and spend my future in love, not with anger and loathing.

He courted me every day, making sure the hurt he caused me would forever be forgotten. And he had done well. Whatever I said, he followed or granted. It amazes me how compliant he could be, considering he's Alpha and all.

He is very cautious with his actions towards me, especially when it comes to touching. It took me two months before I could touch and kiss him again without feeling afraid. We have not slept again, and I am thankful that Trey respected that.

I am snatched off my thoughts when I hear the microphone being tested.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen." Trey is on the stage, holding the microphone. "Thank you very much for coming here to celebrate my twenty-first birthday with me. Most especially the Alpha's and Beta's, together with their respective mates, from our neighboring packs who came all the way here." The crowd cheers. "I want to do something I had been wanting to do for quite a while now." He walks down from the stage, walking towards our table.

"Forever can never be long enough for me, to feel like I've had long enough with you." He stops in front of me.

I raise a brow at him and mouth 'that's from the human singer, Train' before chuckling. So he wants to be a singer?

He rolls his eyes. "Babe, can you let me? I'm having a moment here, you know." He chuckles
"And no, I don't want to be a professional singer."

How can he read my thoughts? Am I such an open book? I chuckle but let him continue with his, most probably, 'thank you, yada yada' speech for me.

"How many girls in the world can make me feel like this? Baby I don't ever plan to find out. The more I look, the more I find the reasons why you're the love of my life." He winks then smiles warmly at me.

Ha! Is he really serious? Now that's from Jason. Duh. As if I won't know. Can't he get more original rather than quote all that stuff up from their 'Marry Me' songs? I laugh.

Then realization hits me.

Oh my freaking fruity fluffy gosh! No way!

"Yes way." Trey chuckles, seeing my reaction, knowing I've finally figured things out.

I swallow nervously knowing he's going to propose to me. Right here, right now.

Am I ready for that? I mean, it's not like the wedding's going to be tomorrow. But, am I ready to fully commit myself to him? Into marriage? Marriage is not just a ceremony for me. To me it's a covenant between two people, vowing their promises to one another, promising their entirety to one another. A covenant which can only be broken by death itself.

"Before your brain splatters in front of our dear guests, Belle, baby, could you calm your lovely self down and listen to my few rantings first?" He chuckles while shaking his head lightly.

I gasp then nod, while our forgotten audience laughs around me.

"You have been my rock throughout all these years. I don't remember when exactly I had fallen in love with you. But I am very sure, that I did. You're my lover and best friend. I want to mark you, mate with you completely, have my pups with you, and grow old with you. I want to do all that because I want to keep on loving you until my last breath." He kneels down in front of me, taking out a red velvet box from his pocket. He opens it, revealing a halo style pave set bezel center diamond ring. "So, will you, Bea Mireille Wood..." He fakes a cough. "...soon to be Richardson..." I roll my eyes at him while he fakes another one. "...marry me?"

I close my eyes and imagine myself walking down the aisle and then standing beside my fiancé in front of the whole pack. I imagine waiting for my husband to return home. My husband... Even when I close my eyes, it's Trey that I see.

I love him.

No more buts. No more fears.

I draw in a deep breath then open my eyes. "Yes." I tell him with a smile.

Trey takes the ring and puts it on my ring finger.

When it was all set, everyone claps and cheers. Trey then kisses me passionately. It's hungry and gentle at the same time – an expression of love and possession. After some time, we pull back to catch our breaths.

"You are mine." Trey states with so much conviction, grinning widely.