Prologue

Notification on an unidentified lupuplupus, female, about three months old

Notes on health: severely poor, suffering from dehydration and malnutrition

Physical description: dark brown hair, blue eyes, no distinguishable birthmarks

The Gamma had informed the Council of Lupi as soon as all necessary information became available. It took a whole week to disseminate the information to all Lupi packs registered. The packs were given a week to make any notions to claim the lupup, also informing them of the safeguard that anyone who makes a claim will be subjected to a DNA test. 

A month had passed and they failed to identify the lupup or her family. And as part of the Lupi law on territorial rights, Alcmene pack had all the rights to do whatever they wish with the unidentified lupi.

The monthly private pack meeting came after three days. All ranks were gathered in the meeting hall in the main packhouse. The Alpha, Beta, and Gamma, together with their mates, welcomed twenty Deltas and the heads of the two councils of Alcmene – the law council and the elders' council.

Roughly two hundred thousand lupis belonged to Alcmene – their territories cover land of more than three hundred fifty square kilometers – hence, a secure leadership system was much needed with a pack as large as theirs.

The meeting was called to order and proceeded as usual. So far, the pack was doing great – still ranked as one of the best packs in Americas. After the updates and other discussions, the Alpha brought the matter regarding the lupup to the pack's attention.

"Last week, a lycaon rogue trespassed the outskirts of our territory. However, you have nothing to worry about since it was quickly resolved. There were no casualties except for the rogue who died not because of a fight with our guerrios. Rather, it was reported that the rouge used a potion to disintegrate his self. And, hence, no interrogation happened."

While the Alpha paused, different thoughts flooded the pack's vinclum. Before anyone could come up with wild presumptions, Alpha Troy continued with his speech.

"Together with the rogue was a child, nothing but a mere three-month-old female lupup, which our Vates identified as lupus. Therefore, she is definitely not an offspring of the rogue."

As he spoke, the lupup was brought into the room. The Alpha then stated that all appropriate and lawful steps were taken to identify the lupup and her biological parents and that it was to no avail. After that, he motioned for the Beta and his mate, Bianca, to take over the discussion.

"As you all know, my mate can no longer conceive another child due to the damage on her womb the rogue attack three years ago had caused... which had almost cost her life and my son's." Aaron glanced at Bianca, who was holding their three-year-old son in her arms lovingly. "We have always desired a daughter. If you would accept this child into our pack, we would take her into our family as our own."

Everyone looked at their beta couple with empathy; all the while, Aaron held Bianca's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Do you accept this child into our pack?" The Alpha asked.

Without second thoughts, they all answered "yes" in unison. Aaron could not hide his delight. He kissed Bianca, who was in the brink of crying tears of joy, on the side of her head. The Luna handed the baby over to Bianca who placed her son down.

"Now, name the child." The Alpha said with an encouraging smile.

"We were blessed by the Dea. My prayers have been heard. She is a miracle. A blessed miracle. We want to name her Bea Mireille." Bianca announced with glee.

"I, Troy Richardson, with the power bestowed upon me as Alpha of the Alcmene, avow Aaron Wood and his mate, Bianca Annistel Wood, this child's parents; and, therefore, officially welcome Bea Mireille Wood into the pack!"