Chapter Forty- The Daddy Talk

I skipped out of the room with my new minty fresh breath and went around looking for the kitchen. The house wasn't enormously big like mine but it was a very decent size for five boy and their mother living in it. Four bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, kitchen, dining room, finished basement, and small back yard; it was a cute little home to live in.

I headed down the stairs and lead my way to the smell of bacon. Mmm, who's cooking that!? I found the kitchen easily and spotted Nathan with his back to me, facing the stove. Oh my God, he knows home to cook?! Well that's one boy I don't have to worry about burning down the house.

I quietly snuck up behind him and wrapped both arms around his torso, startling him a little bit. With a chuckle he put one large hand over mine as I pressed my face in his back smelling his cologne, "Good morning sleepy head." He greeted faintly laughing.

"Good morning." I greeted back kissing his shoulder blade through his white cotton shirt.

"How'd you sleep last night? Too cold for you?" He asked rubbing circles over my hands with his thumbs.

"I slept fine thank you. You kept me warm." I chuckled. I could sense a smirk on his face as he moved the bacon from the sizzling pan to the plate next to him, "I didn't know you knew how to cook." I mumbled through his back.

"A few things here and there. By the way you're only getting scrambled eggs because I don't know how to flip an egg." He laughed as I felt his back vibrate and hum from his laughter.

"I'll take whatever as long as it’s not burnt." I joked, peaking around his arm to see how the food was looking.

"Your mom call to check up on us yet?" He asked as he grabbed a piece of bacon from the plate.

I shook my head as he turned around and leaned against the granite counter top near the stove. I hoped on the island across from him feeling the bottom of my bare legs make contact with the cold stone, "I'll call my mom in an hour or so and talk to her. After breakfast I suppose." I informed him watching him as he munched on his bacon strip.

He seemed to be out in a daze as I spoke to him. So lightly with my foot I poked him in the stomach bring him back to Earth, "What you thinking about there?" I asked with an evil smirk.

"Nothing." He smiled back sheepishly, "You mind if my friends come over later to hang out?"

"It's your house. Do whatever you want; you don't have to ask me." I told him reaching out as he held me a strip of bacon to eat.

"You sure?" he asked as I nodded my head positively, "We won't be too loud I promise." Yeah it's what they all say. He smiled kissing my cheek. I blushed as he turned around flipping the bacon over. 

Such a total sweetheart. Why could he be like this from the beginning or at home?

"I'm just going to invite over Brent and Brian." He told me still messing with the bacon; I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me. He turned around both of us grinning as he leaned over putting both hands on each side of my hip on the counter but squatting down to my eye level and leaning back, "I'm pretty sure Mia would still be over Brent's house. If she is I'll tell him to bring her along for your company." He smirked speaking softly.

"And Emma?” He grinned nodding, “Why can't you be this sweet at home?" I asked with a teasing look eating the last piece of fatty bacon.

He chuckled shaking his head, "I'm nothing but nice to you at home." 

"Yeah okay." I said sarcastically rolling my eyes, “Where did you get the bacon and eggs?” I asked as he cracked an egg into a bowl.

“I went outside for a moment to see how nice the day would be and Mr. Nelson was outside watering some plants. He was surprised that I was here and then we started talking, he asked if I had any food yet and when I told him no he gave a few eggs and this pack of bacon.” He said taking the rest of the fried bacon out of the pan and onto the plate, “and some milk.” He said pointing to the fridge instructing me to get it for him.

I hopped off the counter top and walked over to the fridge and got the little canteen of milk. Handing it off he poured a bit into the bowl and beat the eggs till it was a beautiful yellow orange, thick liquid. It sizzled in the pan under the hot fire of the stove for a while as Nathan went on mixing it.