Chapter 10- The One With The Excuses

Thank God it's the weekend. Ahh, I get to sleep in late, have a nice breakfast, and maybe go for a small jog, mall with the girls. Oh weekends how I love you. I smiled snuggling with my pillow and fluffy duvet. Ahh, this is so relaxing. So peaceful, so quiet, so-

"HOLY SHIT!" I heard someone scream, "EVERYONE WE'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL!"

My eyes shot open, panic and adrenalin coursing through my body. Oh shit this is just great! I threw my legs over my bed looking at the clock on my phone 8:37. Great I just missed Homeroom and first period!

"EVERYONE WAKE UP!" I heard someone shout again, most likely Kyle.

I ran into my closet stripping along the way, throwing my shirt on the floor as I quickly got ready. No fooling around today with a messed up uniform, "Brooklyn get up!" I heard Drew rant, pounding on my door.

"I am, I am!" I shouted back slipping on my skirt. Damn usually we’re late but we’re never this late. Why didn’t the alarms wake us up?

"Brooke!" I heard Parker call out from down the hall. Ugh! Wait why are we rushing? We're late as it is, it's not like we're going to get there on time or any earlier.

Running to my bathroom I brushed my teeth and skipped the usual routine I usually did every morning with my hair and makeup. I left my room jogging down to Parker's room to help him while combing my fingers through my hair.

"Sorry." I mumbled bumping straight into someone.

"If you want me that bad babe all you have to do is ask." I heard Nathan snicker. Typical. Of course he'd make some sort of sexual comment; even this early in the morning as we are all late.

"Brooke!" Parker yelled again as I entered his room.

"I'm here, I'm here." Thankfully he at least already had on his pants and shirt. All that I had to do was fix his cuffs, tuck in his pants, and put on his shoes. But Brandon came into the room just at that time.

"I'll finish him up." He told me tossing Parker on the bed to put on his shoes.

I thanked him running down stairs and packing all my books away into my bag. I ran into the kitchen looking around for my lunch bag, "Where's my lunch!" I called out waiting for an answer.

"Brooklyn I have no time. We'll just find you something at lunch to eat." Kyle said fumbling around with his tie and he tried ushering me out the door.

"But-"

"I know, I know. I'll find something. I promise." I growled grabbing all my stuff and rushing out the door. I looked over seeing Drew playing with his hair in the mirror; I rolled my eyes because not even I made the time to worry about my hair and I’m the girl!

"Dude! You don't have time for that!" I shouted to him pulling him away to the garage. He didn’t protest and followed right behind me.

"O'Conner's are you ready?" Kyle shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

They all came stomping down with disheveled looks and wide shot eyes. This was actually pretty funny, us being really late, looking like an utter mess; it was funny to watch. Sliding into the car we made it down the road and I could tell the adrenaline was still coursing through Drew because he wasn’t driving like he normally would. Sitting in silence I looked over to them both of them with their intense eyes on the road when I started to laugh.

Drew's hair was a mess unlike every day when it's neatly styled; even though he tried to fix it in the mirror. Kyle's tie was lop sided, the buttons going down his shirt were out of place. Looking at my reflection I had no makeup on what so ever and my hair looked like a mess. I laughed hysterically to myself getting odd and weird looks from my brothers.

They looked at each other looking confused and then to me. Looking back at each other they cracked a smile realizing their disheveled appearance. We all started laughing, a good two minutes past when we finally claimed down.

“What a morning.” I laughed, rubbing my hand down my face, “So what’s our story?" I asked curiously.

Drew shrugged, looking at me through the rearview mirror, “I’m just going to say my alarm clock ran out of batteries.”